Anyone know a good glasses repair website/shop?

Found 20th Feb 2012
Hi everyone,

Anyone used a website to repair glasses frame? Mine broken now after 5 years of use and like them too much. I changed the glass/lens last year.
A google search brings lots of websites £20 and under inc return postage but don't want to send my glasses to any company.

Regards
Stefan
Community Updates
10 Comments
Can you not take them back to where you bought them or where you got the lens changed .

Edited by: "jeany123" 20th Feb 2012
As jeany says, if you can return to where you got them from, they might have old stock of the frame and can just swap the lenses over.
Failing that, take them into your current optician, they might be able to solder etc the frame to repair it.
I suppose it depends on the damage, but they're the options really!
Original Poster
I looked for that frame everywhere last year when I changed the lens but no luck. The frame was from D&A now Boots and lens was changed to them as well
steffcip

I looked for that frame everywhere last year when I changed the lens but … I looked for that frame everywhere last year when I changed the lens but no luck. The frame was from D&A now Boots and lens was changed to them as well

Did they not try to find an old stock frame for you?
I think maybe if your current one is 5 yrs old, it might just be a case that it's reached the end of it's life!
If all else fails I find a plaster can be very good for repairing a broken frame.
Original Poster
Hartley

If all else fails I find a plaster can be very good for repairing a … If all else fails I find a plaster can be very good for repairing a broken frame.

chuckiedoll

As jeany says, if you can return to where you got them from, they might … As jeany says, if you can return to where you got them from, they might have old stock of the frame and can just swap the lenses over.Failing that, take them into your current optician, they might be able to solder etc the frame to repair it.I suppose it depends on the damage, but they're the options really!

I thought mine were damaged beyond repair when they were stood on, but Specsavers mended them and you couldn't tell ,It was free as well because i had only had them 3 months
jeany123

I thought mine were damaged beyond repair when they were stood on, but … I thought mine were damaged beyond repair when they were stood on, but Specsavers mended them and you couldn't tell ,It was free as well because i had only had them 3 months

Oh yes, I've mended many a pair of squished specs!
Original Poster
will try Boots first
Did you ever use a website to repair your frames & if so which one ?

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants