Anyone know a really cheap chinese buffet lunch in london, chinatown?

Found 27th Jul 2011
thats nice and between £5 - 10??

26 Comments

I saw your name on the post and thought - could be worth a laugh - then I saw the words 'really cheap' and 'London' in the same sentence...

Banned

if its that cheap, in London, there's gotta be a reason...

Sloth/Mod

CoffeeMaker

if its that cheap, in London, there's gotta be a reason...

[img]t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQL0mVYBx6MSseV3YUkxHGCiwaxGafwcmH0wN3rtdoFXWXWys4Z[/img]

Why not just sit down for a proper meal or if you are going in a group, pre-book a table and order dishes to be served in a buffet style on your table, that way the food is freshly prepared there and then rather than sitting congealing on display for hours when it probably won’t taste very nice especially if it was meant to be consumed sooner rather than later after being out of the wok. The first and last buffet I went to in Chinatown the waiters started to try and clear out table mid meal!

If you fancy cheap and cheerful but bland then your only option is the Kowlooon......ok when drunk

If you can stretch and want taste then the Plum Valley is awesome

mr wu's £5 buffet but food is not that good.

Banned

I avoid the buffets.

My fave restaurant is the one on the corner, used to be called china china but has now been renamed. Same staff tho. I love it cos iv been going there since i was a kid and the same guy still runs it.

Original Poster

ancav111

mr wu's £5 buffet but food is not that good.

Yes that's the one we were gonna go to.. Is it really just a fiver. Thought it was. 8.50

avoid mr Wu....this one is china china but has now been renamed....is better

Original Poster

went to mr wus (nxt to trocadero) was pretty good actually!!

peterjmay

went to mr wus (nxt to trocadero) was pretty good actually!!

we know, the pics are here...

Original Poster

numptyj

we know, the pics are here...:p

post em then!

peterjmay

post em then!

All I've got is a romanian upskirt

Unfortunately I'm not sad enough to take a trek to stalk someone. I'm sure dcx travelled down from up north with his canon dslr to get pics though...

OP what happened to your other thread and paying for the date?

fluffyundacrakas

OP what happened to your other thread and paying for the date?

He pulled that thread when he realised no-one believed him, either that or he was found to be paying for 'extra services'.

Original Poster

moose109

He pulled that thread when he realised no-one believed him, either that … He pulled that thread when he realised no-one believed him, either that or he was found to be paying for 'extra services'.

actually i didnt spam it someone else did and also why would i lie!?

So did you decide to go on the date or not?

Original Poster

im not commenting on that anymore

peterjmay

im not commenting on that anymore

wasnt maria was it...was mario.

Original Poster

mmm no

Sloth/Mod

I like to banter at the op with his incessant bizarre threads. However that one regarding the date went way too far and highlighted the kind of mentally unhinged that live on this site digging through and posting personal stuff.

Original Poster

Syzable

I like to banter at the op with his incessant bizarre threads. However … I like to banter at the op with his incessant bizarre threads. However that one regarding the date went way too far and highlighted the kind of mentally unhinged that live on this site digging through and posting personal stuff.

agreed

What happened? I missed it. Last I read people were teasing you about the girl and you had posted the restaurant's website. I think someone said they tried to phone the restaurant, is that why the thread was spammed?

I really wouldn't recommend cheap buffets, especially in China town...I know what rent costs around there are, so the food is always going to be scraps and poor quality meat, with MSG and artificial flavours to cover up the smelly cheap cuts of meat.

Why not go to a proper restaurant and get 50% off and know you're going to get decent meat....or don't you care about your body and Romanian girl? :P

fluffyundacrakas

What happened? I missed it. Last I read people were teasing you about … What happened? I missed it. Last I read people were teasing you about the girl and you had posted the restaurant's website. I think someone said they tried to phone the restaurant, is that why the thread was spammed?

It's what I was talking about yesterday about posting your pics, remember?

Yeah, I should also avoid buffets also..

How many of you are going ? If 6+, it is worth eating in a restaurant and share the bills, work out similar but have decent foods.
Post a comment
@
    Text