Groups

anyone know a reliable method for rooting an LG phone ( stylus 2 or K520 model) , have tried the usual 1-click app solutions (i-root, kingoroot, kingroot etc) app and also pc based approach but no success. any help welcome

as above

thanks

4 Comments

I know nothing about those particular phones but the best way to root a phone is to unlock the bootloader install a custom recovery and flash supersu.

If you look at XDA.com there will probably be a guide

Original Poster

thank you ,I have rooted every phone I have owned & so am aware of the above steps but just drawing a blank with this LG even on XDA. I rooted my Samsung A3 ( early version) at a time when XDA said it wasnt poss but scratching further around the web revealed an obscure approach. Admittedly this is my first LG handset as I usually hang with Sony's, Sammy's and lately the Crackling. I did enjoy the Crackling esp after activating it's dormant ANT+ radio to use with my fitness accessories but have now gone for the LG K520 due to the builtin DAB radio (I walk about 6.5 miles to & from walk and love listening to radio along the way. Having a phone with DAB built-in is fantastic) The LG has the same Qualcomm chipset as the crackling and had been hoping I could activate the ANT+ radio but it appears "com.dsi.ant.server " package wasn't loaded into the firmware during manufacture . Anyway small matter as for now I'm just concentrating on attaining root.
    Thank you very much for your suggestion

Original Poster

BUMP

Probly cant root if y can get into fastboot to flash recovery then ur in luck if no fast boot then lg disabled it like on mine
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I've just had a flame deer pop up on my page , I'm confused12
      2. PRINGLES SPEAKER CODES33
      3. sky +box out of contract and using iplayer and ondemand22
      4. Anyone tried the Tyrells website for the mini competition?22

See more discussions