Groups

Anyone know about broadband lines?

Well I know a bit but this has me confused.

I had broadband turned on Tuesday and tried my old router, it synched(connected) but I couldnt browse internet, I had to wait until yesterday to get the router the isp sent.

That worked but only on WPA mode(im talking about encryption) if I selected WEP or none it wouldnt let me browse internet.

I tried old router and the same, only works with WPA selected, if I try WEP or none though it recognises line it wont let me use it.

What can problem be as if its not the routers how can a line limit me to WPA?

10 Comments

You've lost me already.....if YOU can't fix it i don't think anyone can!

You connecting via Wireless? try different laptop/computer via using wireless
    looks like the problem is the computer/laptop does not support WEP

the line cannot limit you.

What routers are they and what ISP are you using.

Original Poster

ISP is Be, tried a BT Voyager 2091 and a Speedtouch 780

And no it cant be PC as its same problem on 1 desktop and 2 laptops

ryouga

ISP is Be, tried a BT Voyager 2091 and a Speedtouch 780And no it cant be … ISP is Be, tried a BT Voyager 2091 and a Speedtouch 780And no it cant be PC as its same problem on 1 desktop and 2 laptops

there is no way the ISP can limit you what wireless security u choose unless you use there own branded router

Original Poster

Thats what I thought.Thats why its strange only WPA works.

ryouga

Thats what I thought.Thats why its strange only WPA works.

problems with where your router placed or interfering with something

Original Poster

It's the same with ethernet though so maybe its not a security thing, select anything but WPA and I lose total internet connection even through ethernet.

Maybe the problem is in the way you are setting up the WEP on your PC?

Original Poster

I doubt it as its the same for disabling encryption completly the pc connects but wont browse internet.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4522112
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?35195
      3. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1334
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846346

See more discussions