anyone know about buy gold jewellery

5 replies
Found 12th Feb
hi there basically usually my family buy gold jewellery from asain shops which is mainly 22ct or sometimes 24ct but I was thinking of getting cheaper 9ct or 18ct stuff looking into this it seems so complicated as when buying 22ct gold the price is usually what ever the price of gold is that day and a bit on top for the labour so.things like rings and earrings aren't much difference un prices. looking into the 9ct and 18ct stuff the prices are hugely different what's the reason for this for example similar sized 9ct rings can e as little as 10 pounds and as much as 200 or even 300 pounds so no idea how it's valued etc. any input on why such big differences

5 Comments

A lot of the cheap places forget to mention "plated" in the description, and also fail to mention (if they even know), what the base metal is; the only gold plate I have is actually 24ct over solid silver, so quite expensive, but there is a lot of very thin 9ct "paint" over cheap tin alloy out there.

I myself dont buy ANY gold to wear, as there is so much cheap stuff out there, it isnt worth the cost; the blingier it looks, the more likely people will assume it is 9ct gold pate.

There is more gold on a PC motherboard than most cheap rappers are wearing.

Banned

just buy a gold plate or brick if you think gold is cheaper now than it was few years ago, not a brick like a house brick size because they cost 25k I think it was but a little one such as 1k.
if you buy rings with diamonds then they don't count that back in weight when you resell it.

Banned

keep buying unhallmarked asain gold.

Then turn it in & get it smelted down when you want to cash.

When you hallmark it after you smelt it is worth a lot more

Original Poster

sofiasar

just buy a gold plate or brick if you think gold is cheaper now than it … just buy a gold plate or brick if you think gold is cheaper now than it was few years ago, not a brick like a house brick size because they cost 25k I think it was but a little one such as 1k. if you buy rings with diamonds then they don't count that back in weight when you resell it.

​can't really give a good brick as a wedding gift lol plus would be very expensive.

Original Poster

Gentle_Giant

A lot of the cheap places forget to mention "plated" in the description, … A lot of the cheap places forget to mention "plated" in the description, and also fail to mention (if they even know), what the base metal is; the only gold plate I have is actually 24ct over solid silver, so quite expensive, but there is a lot of very thin 9ct "paint" over cheap tin alloy out there.I myself dont buy ANY gold to wear, as there is so much cheap stuff out there, it isnt worth the cost; the blingier it looks, the more likely people will assume it is 9ct gold pate.There is more gold on a PC motherboard than most cheap rappers are wearing.

​ok that's what it probably is the gold plated why I seen massive price difference.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4711605
    2. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710974
    3. Heads up - Nintendo Switch Neon Console and Get Lego City Undercover and Ra…11
    4. Misco about to go into administration913

See more discussions