Groups

Anyone know about carpet underlay?

Hey All,

Looking to replace master bedroom carpet.

Found a decent carpet from carpet right on sale but the best underlay they had was some rubber underlay which looked pretty firm but not convinced it's any good.

I'm looking for something that will be soft and last as well. Anyone have any recommendations?

16 Comments

When we were carpeting our new house we used Cloud 9 underlay - apparently it's the "best" feels nice underfoot but we've only been in 22 months so time will tell.

+1 Cloud 9

Go for cloud 9

Seen this online sales for cloud 9 appear on quite a few forums before. Probably a lot cheaper than buying from the carper shop.

tradepriced.co.uk/clo…tml

Cloud 9

Go for a rubber underlay, if it calls itself foam then it won't last.
    The only underlay to outlast a carpet is felt but it will flatten under heavy traffic, woven carpets sit better on felt so ideal compromise is to get the rubber backed with felt.

Tredaire Red, apparently its better than the cloud 9

Anyone any ideas for best acoustic underlay?

Was the underlay black and solid? i had some fitted to the stairs and the rubber was reycyled material. but seeing as the stairs are in use all the time it needs to be firm.

All I know is the sponge stuff is in my experience not good at all. Gone flat in 5 years. I wish I'd gone for the Tredaire which I believe is rubber.

Tray power step 11mm or axfelt, kingdom comfort supreme (rubber back) old good staw but this smell is bad when moisture everything depends on budget
    Edited by: "dinerr" 6th Mar

Original Poster

reedgary29

Was the underlay black and solid? i had some fitted to the stairs and the … Was the underlay black and solid? i had some fitted to the stairs and the rubber was reycyled material. but seeing as the stairs are in use all the time it needs to be firm.

​It was red the one they showed me. Salesman had no clue about differences between the underlays he had.

Thanks to all for Cloud 9 suggestions, I had Cloud 9 originally but after 3 years it has pretty much lost all life.

Original Poster

dinerr

Tray power step 11mm or axfelt, kingdom comfort supreme (rubber back) old … Tray power step 11mm or axfelt, kingdom comfort supreme (rubber back) old good staw but this smell is bad when moisture everything depends on budget

​Does Axfelt smell too? A friend recommended that to me as well.

if you are in North West call leeflorstok brilliant prices

Try these guys carpet-underlay-shop.co.uk/ they make it and supply some big brands. Go for the thicker (feels nicer, lasts longer) PU Foam Underlay stuff, Cloud9 is a big brand name but if you give them a bell I am sure they will tell you which is the best in their opinion.

Original Poster

ronniejb

Try these guys https://www.carpet-underlay-shop.co.uk/ they make it and … Try these guys https://www.carpet-underlay-shop.co.uk/ they make it and supply some big brands. Go for the thicker (feels nicer, lasts longer) PU Foam Underlay stuff, Cloud9 is a big brand name but if you give them a bell I am sure they will tell you which is the best in their opinion.

​Thanks!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Help please - pc issues46
      2. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed68
      3. HELP - am i being scammed on gum tree1419
      4. Import charges from USA11

See more discussions