Groups

Anyone know about selling property in scotland

Problem we have is that the sale of my partners flat should be complete tomorrow.
    And the solicitors and estate agents have requested there fees (the money from the sale did not cover that)
    We thought that anyone could pay their fees..but it turns out that the money must come from my partners account.
    So we got transferred to her account..this now looks like it could take up to 4 days.
    Sooooooo my question is...as long as everything is signed will the sale all go through tomorrow?
    The money from the sale is enough to cover the mortgage etc..but its short on paying the search fees etc.

3 Comments

From my experience, the sale is not fully completed until the greedy ******s have their fees - greedy ******s in this case being the solicitors - they wouldn't release the keys until they had banked their fee - even though it was them who made the error.

Original Poster

moob;6371509

From my experience, the sale is not fully completed until the greedy … From my experience, the sale is not fully completed until the greedy ******s have their fees - greedy ******s in this case being the solicitors - they wouldn't release the keys until they had banked their fee - even though it was them who made the error.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I sold my old flat a few months ago and was in the same position, had sent them a bank transfer online that I thought went in instantly but took up to 4 days which mean the keys would not be handed over as the money was not in my solicitors account. I had to go to the bank, take out the money in cash and put it in the solicitors bank account.
    There has to be a paper trail from one account to the other.
    My solicitor told me (she was very nice) that there was no way they can hand the keys over until the acutally have full payment.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How to cancel Sky subscription33
      2. How to unblock a vacuum hose which is completely jammed with dust and fluff…45
      3. Xbox One S or Xbox One X89
      4. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1328

See more discussions