Groups
    EXPIRED

Anyone know about Sherry? an Aunt likes sherry so would like to know whats a good one, only info i have so far is she likes "medium".

Drink Sherry?

21 Comments

Tio Pepe is quite popular I like it because it is a dry one but not sure if it comes in medium as well.

try Crofts original. Currently cheaper for a litre than 70cl at the moment in Morrisons or Tesco and I'm told it's less dry than Tio Pepe and less sweet than Harveys Bristol Cream - therefore presumably "medium"!
    m.tesco.com/h5/…819

It's got to be Harvey's Bristol Cream.

If it's a medium will she also expect it to channel the spirits?

My mum is a keen sherry drinker. What you want is an Amontillado. This is between a sweet(Harvey's Bristol Cream) and a dry(Tio Pepe). Try a good off licence.

dereklogan7

This is definitely a sweet sherry, not what Aunty wants...

Well, get Aunty an Amontillado, ffs. X)

Lanliq or that other cheeky wee number old England

I've bought my mum a bottle of Aldi's own version to try for her birthday, Caversham I think it's called. It's supposed to have won some awards, so hoping it's half decent. If she likes it, she can get it in the future and save some money for herself.

Pandamansays

I've bought my mum a bottle of Aldi's own version to try for her … I've bought my mum a bottle of Aldi's own version to try for her birthday, Caversham I think it's called. It's supposed to have won some awards, so hoping it's half decent. If she likes it, she can get it in the future and save some money for herself.

It should be good, their Baileys alternative is great and half the price of Baileys.

Pandamansays

I've bought my mum a bottle of Aldi's own version to try for her … I've bought my mum a bottle of Aldi's own version to try for her birthday, Caversham I think it's called. It's supposed to have won some awards, so hoping it's half decent. If she likes it, she can get it in the future and save some money for herself.

If its the same stuff I had a couple of years ago, it wasn't half bad at all. I enjoyed it. I think it was about £4 a bottle back then.

Evy

If its the same stuff I had a couple of years ago, it wasn't half bad at … If its the same stuff I had a couple of years ago, it wasn't half bad at all. I enjoyed it. I think it was about £4 a bottle back then.

It's £5.25 now, great value if it's nice.

bex85

It should be good, their Baileys alternative is great and half the price … It should be good, their Baileys alternative is great and half the price of Baileys.

I like Aldi's own versions of Spiced Rum, Southern Comfort, Gin, peach schnapps and cointreau. (Not together !)
    Probably because I find 'normal' brands a bit strong or fiery tasting and I think Aldi's are often slightly less alcoholic and so less fiery.

I have high hopes for mum's sherry

Pandamansays

I like Aldi's own versions of Spiced Rum, Southern Comfort, Gin, peach … I like Aldi's own versions of Spiced Rum, Southern Comfort, Gin, peach schnapps and cointreau. (Not together !)Probably because I find 'normal' brands a bit strong or fiery tasting and I think Aldi's are often slightly less alcoholic and so less fiery.I have high hopes for mum's sherry

If you like Malibu, try their own version of that. Its lovely, I honestly can't tell the difference and its just over a fiver a bottle.

Evy

If you like Malibu, try their own version of that. Its lovely, I honestly … If you like Malibu, try their own version of that. Its lovely, I honestly can't tell the difference and its just over a fiver a bottle.

I'll tell my mum, Malibu is her favourite drink!

bex85

I'll tell my mum, Malibu is her favourite drink!

This is the stuff, but last time I bought some, it was £5.15, so its gone down a bit.

aldi.co.uk/en/…ut/

dereklogan7

Definately ,I agree

shazzashops

Lanliq or that other cheeky wee number old England

Ah, brings back memories. Don't miss the room spinning though.

suezygirl

Definately ,I agree

That's what I like, a girl with class.

dereklogan7

That's what I like, a girl with class.

I thought you put a girl with a glass lol hic

Original Poster

Amontillado or Tio Pepe then. Thanks for your input folks.

Next question is what do I buy her lover? he's Welsh
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How to rejoin BT as New Customer when already with them?22
      2. How to unblock a vacuum hose which is completely jammed with dust and fluff…56
      3. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1429
      4. Nightmare with BT over Broadband1011

See more discussions