Groups

Anyone know about website safety for children?

Hi all.

I use Firefox and Internet Explorer on my laptop.

I just want to know if there is any way I can limit what websites my daughter can access?
    Or if I can put her on a children's website and lock it so she can't leave it?

She is nearly 6 and I let her roam free on Cbeebies website, for example, but worry about leaving her even for a minute in case she clicks something that I wouldn't want her to as she is not to fluent in reading yet so sometimes just clicks things rather than reading it first.

Hope you get what I mean - I am not too clued up on all this technical stuff so am hoping that one of you kind HUKD'ers will point me in the right direction.

6 Comments

There are a few childrens browsers about. I cant recommend any though I have downloaded a few but not tried them yet.

Easy on Vista.Just set up Parental Control.
    Control panel,usera accounts and family safety,parental controls. Realy helps:)

Original Poster

I am on 2000 or ME, don't even know!

have you tried [COLOR=Blue]]this[/COLOR]? They was doing the full version free last year but our drive corrupted and we lost it! It gives you a safe enviroment for kids and allows you to add other sites for the young ones, its like running another operating system but yours is still in the background just a password away so you can switch between the two.
    Our kids loved it and i'm considering paying for it again!

Original Poster

The Magic Desktop looks good and they have a free trial you can download but can't see how long it lasts, anyone know?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. HOMEBASE CLEARANCE SALE11
      2. Denon AVRX 2400H @ Peter Tyson £399.9934
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764555
      4. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …248808

See more discussions