Groups

Anyone know any cheap moving firms or taxi

Banned
    Moving from Warrington to Scarborough, my stuff will easily fit in a taxi(as it did when I moved in)

But its like 120 miles.

I can get a train from 5 minutes walk from my house all the way to scarborough but that would be like 4 quid for taxi plus £10 on train then 4 quid to new place from scarborough and would have to pay like £10 back then the same again and do this 3 or 4 times.

18 Comments

you though of booking a seat on a day trip. you could them put stuff in the hold.

or get a mate with a van, or hire a man with a van.

I have seen a number of offers on here about hiring cars for reduced prices, you might want to look into that as could save you a bit and have the car for a few days to get all the things you need for your new place. Places like avis normally let you collect the car from one place and drop off at another.

Original Poster Banned

I dont drive nor have any friends able to drive me since they are away for summer.

If self-hire is out, then look for taxis that do airport runs from your area - they are the best value over long distances.

Don't know the area much but i'd say look in your local paper or whatever, you need a "Man with a van"

Yep, gumtree. Someone might be going that way and give you a hand. Cash in hand, worth a try.

Original Poster Banned

Did look at gumtree but was worried since all of them just listed mobile numbers and not landlines and some had bad grammar,some all in capts

What im thinking of doing is sending a few boxes down dhl the day before so it gets there the day im moving that will be about £8 a box.

try parcel2go for parcel sending; or try some polish shops-there are plenty of adverts there for lads with cars wanting work as a 'taxi'-airport runs, etc., 30-40 quid+petrol... cheaper will be not... good luck

scarborough? good choice

Banned

deadduck_145;2750637

scarborough? good choice

sarcasim is the lowest form of wit,poor girl ,,,scarbourgh!

oi i love scarborough

Banned

jennie-jack;2859241

oi i love scarborough

no really scarbourgh?:-D

RFC;2858679

sarcasim is the lowest form of wit,poor girl ,,,scarbourgh!

why would that be sarcastic? i live here and love it.....better than glasgow:whistling:

Banned

deadduck_145;2861040

why would that be sarcastic? i live here and love it.....better than … why would that be sarcastic? i live here and love it.....better than glasgow:whistling:

you think!:w00t:

RFC;2862400

you think!:w00t:

lol well i shouldn't judge ive never been..............thank god:p

Banned

deadduck_145;2864756

lol well i shouldn't judge ive never been..............thank god:p

lol well ive been to Scarborough,,,,,,,once!;-)

RFC;2870938

lol well ive been to Scarborough,,,,,,,once!;-)

id return the favour of rep but you look like you've been a bit greedy:whistling:

Banned

deadduck_145;2876249

id return the favour of rep but you look like you've been a bit … id return the favour of rep but you look like you've been a bit greedy:whistling:

lol,nah just a helpful guy!:-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Find out how good your GP surgery is11
      2. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio710
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764220
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1625

See more discussions