Groups

anyone know any decent url filtering software

Hi,

my daughter is 3 now and has started using the computer from time to time - is there any (preferably) url filtering software in case she clicks on something by mistake?

I can do it on the router but only by IP which would block me too :-o

I could do with something that would lock down her user ID only, I'm on Windows 7 and mostly use Opera with IE as a backup.

Cheers,
    worto.

12 Comments

Banned

Or you could try educating her, since all blocking software is retarded, doesn't work properly, lets sites through while blocking safe sites.

Original Poster

I am educating her!

I also wany to protect her in case she clicks on something by accident - she is only 3!

Banned

worto03

I am educating her!I also wany to protect her in case she clicks on … I am educating her!I also wany to protect her in case she clicks on something by accident - she is only 3!

Like I said in another thread - kids are stupid. she won't even know what a giant black **** is. I certainly don't.... errr.

Anyway, if your so concerned, and considering shes 3, dont let her go on unsupervised.

how about spending some quality time WITH her rather than letting her play around unsupervised on the internet at 3 years old.

plenty of time for that nonsense when she is older

in b4 "good point boothy"
    Edited by: "boothy" 6th Sep 2010

Banned

good point bothy

Banned

boothy

how about spending some quality time WITH her rather than letting her … how about spending some quality time WITH her rather than letting her play around unsupervised on the internet at 3 years old.plenty of time for that nonsense when she is olderin b4 "good point bothy"

is that the mistake your parents made, did they put you on a computer at the age of 3 and you've been sitting there since that day? hence the "boothy has failed at real life" comments i see?

and as for the actual question this thread is about, personally i think 3 is way too young with or without url filtering
    Edited by: "DaveLister" 6th Sep 2010

Banned

DaveLister is a reason filtering is needed.

vibeone

genetic filtering you mean?

Banned

boothy

genetic filtering you mean?

Haha possibly!

Banned

vibeone

boothy is the reason facebook created a panic button

Use OpenDNS
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?33202
      2. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1221
      3. Any PS4 News Here29213624
      4. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?919

See more discussions