Groups

Anyone know any decent way of connecting i-player when out of the UK, and a way of playing UK only youtube videos?

Anyone know any decent way of connecting Iplayer when out of the UK, and a way of playing UK only Youtube videos?

Rep waiting for good or funny answers!

7 Comments

When you are out of the UK install a proxy server and open up the proxy port in all firewalls they have. You need to be a cable or SDSL subscriber because upload speed will become your download speed! Your computer will need to be on whenever you need access.

You can also try froxyproxy
    foxyproxy.mozdev.org/hel…tml

Original Poster

Too messy - I was using proxies before - but directly from my connection on wifi abroad (Hotel or Fon).

However, the ones I was using are no longer open, or are carrying too much traffic.

Banned

Blacklogic should do the job for you.

master_chief;8880202

Blacklogic should do the job for you.

or any other VPN provider which has UK servers

Banned

oldmanhouse;8880222

or any other VPN provider which has UK servers

Indeed, not used any others mind. Any cheaper ones for the OP to look for?

master_chief;8880234

Indeed, not used any others mind. Any cheaper ones for the OP to look for?

Was gonna suggest Relakks but it seems they only use servers in Sweden, so no good.
    $15 for Blacklogic doesn't seem to bad. Guess it depends how desperately OP needs iplayer/youtube!

Banned

oldmanhouse;8880286

Was gonna suggest Relakks but it seems they only use servers in Sweden, … Was gonna suggest Relakks but it seems they only use servers in Sweden, so no good. $15 for Blacklogic doesn't seem to bad. Guess it depends how desperately OP needs iplayer/youtube!

I used Relakks too, great service from them too but like you said, you won't get BBC iPlayer through them.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185
      3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491

See more discussions