Expired

Anyone know any depression forums?

Found 3rd Aug 2017
Just wondering if anyone knows any active depression forums. All the ones I have seen/used are rarely used by people.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
winchman1 h, 31 m ago

Forums seem a good idea, but you would actually be better getting out and …Forums seem a good idea, but you would actually be better getting out and about and doing stuff, have a chat with family and friends and get them to drag you out, keep busy.

If the op actually does have depression your advice of 'drag you out, keep busy' is about 30 years out of date. I would suggest that they go and get proper mental health support.

Being clinically depressed can be extremely serious and 'keeping busy' really won't help and professional support is required. Sadly mental health is still looked down upon in this country.
Edited by: "ipswich78" 3rd Aug 2017
13 Comments
Forums seem a good idea, but you would actually be better getting out and about and doing stuff, have a chat with family and friends and get them to drag you out, keep busy.
winchman1 h, 31 m ago

Forums seem a good idea, but you would actually be better getting out and …Forums seem a good idea, but you would actually be better getting out and about and doing stuff, have a chat with family and friends and get them to drag you out, keep busy.

If the op actually does have depression your advice of 'drag you out, keep busy' is about 30 years out of date. I would suggest that they go and get proper mental health support.

Being clinically depressed can be extremely serious and 'keeping busy' really won't help and professional support is required. Sadly mental health is still looked down upon in this country.
OP wasn't asking for advice about how to deal with depression. Simply asking for any active forums members could recommend. Just saying!
Edited by: "Tiddly_fiddly" 3rd Aug 2017
Tiddly_fiddly14 m ago

OP wasn't asking for advice about how to deal with depression. Simply …OP wasn't asking for advice about how to deal with depression. Simply asking for any active forums members could recommend. Just saying!

You are indeed correct. My comment was based on the first response, saying rather than forums you would be better off doing q, y and z and no mention of getting professional help or support.
not being biased or anything, but when i look at forum, i like the hukd misc layout the best for discussions and being very active. you could always post a thread on there and ask for participants to discuss depression only. there have been a few threads on there and here on ask from people who suffer from this all too common illness so perhaps they could all join the discussion and you may be able to get support from other helpful members who do not suffer from the illness.

i also saw some body looking to make friends with other people who suffer from depression so you could always post a request on ask and then PM those who would like to chat to you who also suffer from this condition.

just my thoughts
^^^^

That's a good idea! Dolphinzz. Maybe you could start a discussion,
ipswich782 h, 10 m ago

If the op actually does have depression your advice of 'drag you out, keep …If the op actually does have depression your advice of 'drag you out, keep busy' is about 30 years out of date. I would suggest that they go and get proper mental health support.Being clinically depressed can be extremely serious and 'keeping busy' really won't help and professional support is required. Sadly mental health is still looked down upon in this country.

I was suggesting that staying in on your own looking at a forum would not be beneficial. Better to talk to friends and family and get them to get you up and about, as you almost certainly won't do it on your own. I wasn't suggesting it instead on getting professional help, but to complement it, keeping active is certainly not 30 years out of date, you need people to understand you can't snap out of it and you need them to be around to help. Sat in front of a computer instead of going out may feel safe normal and perfectly fine, but better to admit to family/friends that you are struggling.
winchman13 m ago

I was suggesting that staying in on your own looking at a forum would not …I was suggesting that staying in on your own looking at a forum would not be beneficial. Better to talk to friends and family and get them to get you up and about, as you almost certainly won't do it on your own. I wasn't suggesting it instead on getting professional help, but to complement it, keeping active is certainly not 30 years out of date, you need people to understand you can't snap out of it and you need them to be around to help. Sat in front of a computer instead of going out may feel safe normal and perfectly fine, but better to admit to family/friends that you are struggling.

I apologise then. I took your posting in the literal sense.
Ibrox noise lol. Depressing and delusion
How about contacting Samaritans or MIND
Try the below there's also android and ios apps. Lots of members Elefriends
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants