Anyone know any good all day parking at York

Found 28th May 2011
Hi
Were all going to york for the day on bank holiday monday.
Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good all day car park thats not too dear and pretty near the center.
Just googled it but you cant fully make out which is a good one from there
cheers
steve

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
15 Comments

Park and ride is available. Otherwise its about ten pound a day

train station?

Original Poster

yeah just been looking at the park and ride and thats £2.30 each return and with 5 of us
(2 adults 3 children) works out £11.50 bit steep for parking i reckon.
Also looked at trains which works out at nearly £70 .
Tenner parking looks the best so far oO,can tell i live in a small town with cheap parking lol

£2.30 each for the park & ride? Are you sure? Every Park & Ride I've used has been per car, not per person.

What time are you getting there and where from? Theres a few free on-street places not far from the center dotted about, no guarantee there will be space but there often is.

Park and ride is per person (stupid I know) but 2 kids free with each adult, no good if there are 5 adults though!

Edited by: "jah128" 28th May 2011

Original Poster

Coming from Glossop (Derbyshire)
Hoping to get there about 11am .
Just re checked the parking website and cant see if there are any family tickets
york.gov.uk/tra…es/

First York

A return ticket costs just £2.30 from your driver, and up to two children … A return ticket costs just £2.30 from your driver, and up to two children travel free with every full fare paying adult.

Edited by: "jah128" 28th May 2011

Try the NCP @ York Piccadilly -- around £13 for the day I think.

See the link here with SAT NAV directions.

http://www.ncp.co.uk/york.html?city=

In my opinion, its worth paying to park in the centre so you don't have the hassle of park and ride.

Edited by: "RickT" 28th May 2011

stefromuk

Coming from Glossop (Derbyshire)Hoping to get there about 11am .Just re … Coming from Glossop (Derbyshire)Hoping to get there about 11am .Just re checked the parking website and cant see if there are any family ticketshttp://www.york.gov.uk/transport/Parking/Park_and_Ride/Park_and_Ride_fares/

Children free so it will work out cheaper

Original Poster

Cheers for that jah128
Do you think they operate on a bank holiday cant see no mention of it,
I will save the ncp one also rick cheers

Edit
sorry just noticed it at bottom of page
Edited by: "stefromuk" 28th May 2011

There s a car park fossbank just around the back of sainsburys its 80p per hour and u can pay by text and they send u reminder when ur times nearly up giving u the option of topping up or going back to the car if uv had enough x
I live in york and parking is stupidly priced having said that it costs just as much if not more for me and the family to catch bus in to town nowadays x

Banned

Try the park and ride at York outlet (south bypass, a64/a19 junction)

I usually hate park and rides, but York is a pain in the ****

I once had a friend at York university. Went to visit by train. Friend had a car and we travelled around the local area in the car. Have to say I was astounded at the traffic chaos.
York is probably an area where it may be easier to do without a car and rely on public transport.

Original Poster

Thanks for all the info.
Think i'm gonna park at the park and ride at the designer outlet store as were coming in from leeds direction on the a64,
Were going to be there all day so probably the cheapest way, 2 adults for £4.60
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions