Anyone know any good free data recovery packages?

I have promised a mate at work that I would try and recover some photos from a memory card for her.

Problem is the only recovery software I can find are trials and need to be activated and I cant for the life in me find a serial number anywhere.

Anyone got any tips? Thanks in advance.

7 Comments

download.com/Rec…456

FREE
Recover Files is an award winning program that can undelete / recover deleted files after they have been deleted. Recover Files is a professional file recovery software that allows it's user to recover accidentally deleted files. Even files removed from the Recycle Bin, network drive, compact flash card, portable devices, in a DOS window, or from Windows Explorer with the SHIFT key held down. Recover Files is a small, fast, useful, practical and powerful. It has a clean, simple interface. Recover Files will work with Windows 95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista operating systems. It can be used to recover deleted files from all NTFS and FAT partitions. The program supports all Windows file systems for hard and floppy drives including FAT12/16/32, NTFS/NTFS5 and image recovery from CompactFlash, SmartMedia, MultiMedia and Secure Digital cards. Recover Files quickly and effectively restore all those files that you may have deleted by mistake.
@import "http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/Ads/common/css/categorySpotlight/catSpotDownloadTiburon.css";

Original Poster

Thanks ST, just tried this and for some reason it ain't picking up any files on the memory card, the trial of another one i downloaded found about 200 pics? Strange.

Heat and rep added, any more anyone? :thumbsup:

Sebas111;3028443

Thanks ST, just tried this and for some reason it ain't picking up any … Thanks ST, just tried this and for some reason it ain't picking up any files on the memory card, the trial of another one i downloaded found about 200 pics? Strange.Heat and rep added, any more anyone? :thumbsup:

Try this again we used this last week & it worked a treat for us ! We recovered 50 + photos

Original Poster

It wont do anything with the memory card, as soon as you click analyze it starts and stops immediately as though the memory card is empty.

Recuva - from Piriform, who also make excellent CCleaner utility.

recuva.com/

Free

easy to use

brilliant.

Got me out of a hole with photos I accidentally deleted on a SD card recently. Got everything back, apart from one film clip.

Worth keeping on your computer in case you ever have a problem from accidentally deleting files.

Original Poster

Just trying another one now, if that dont work I will give that one a bash, thanks guys
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Ebid over Ebay22
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763999
    3. Better watch out for these...915
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846088

See more discussions