Groups

Anyone know any good recipe books for toddler meals?

Hi want to start making my 14M old daughter some exciting quick easy meals and wondered if anyone knew any good books to buy?

Many thanks in advance

14 Comments

Annabel Karmel - Baby and Toddler meal planner......

amazon.co.uk/Ann…1-1

Banned

oh, this is a very good question! I too would prefer a book rather than a website, and hopefully a respected author too!

starsparkle2311;8175497

+1 good one Gari:thumbsup:

She has a good reputation - wife has the after school meal planner by the same author and its very good.

gari189;8175475

Annabel Karmel - Baby and Toddler meal … Annabel Karmel - Baby and Toddler meal planner......http://www.amazon.co.uk/Annabel-Karmels-Complete-Toddler-Planner/dp/0091924855/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1269277185&sr=1-1

+2

and not just for toddlers

i love bang bang chicken, mago chutny fillets(very easy to make) and thai chicken with noodles

my 3 favs from book not my sons

Give them what you're having just with less salt and fat.

Banned

gari189, repped for good work!

i dont think you can give kids what im having, moob!
    beer ?

I do agree with you moob, but I know i need guidance on what to feed kids, I have too many bad food habits!

yes I agree Annabel Karmel her fruit crumble is very yummy too

jubbyme;8175719

gari189, repped for good work!i dont think you can give kids what im … gari189, repped for good work!i dont think you can give kids what im having, moob!beer ?I do agree with you moob, but I know i need guidance on what to feed kids, I have too many bad food habits!

We give our boy very similar stuff to what we eat really, and he's of the same age nearly. He gets mince and potato, Spag Bol, Chicken Risotto, Fish fingers and a variety of fresh veg.

If you want to make stock, Boots sell a range of baby stock cubes you can buy.

I know there's a current fad to use the Anabel Karmel recipes, but IMO, as long as they get a low fat/salt/sugar basis to their diet, they will flourish.

def go for anabel karmel i have 2 of her books and they are very good, i still now make the butternut squash risotto for everyone including grown ups. she also does a fussy eaters book aswell i think.

we have this one

amazon.co.uk/Ann…8-4

and

amazon.co.uk/Ann…-10

Banned

moob;8176527

We give our boy very similar stuff to what we eat really, and he's of the … We give our boy very similar stuff to what we eat really, and he's of the same age nearly. He gets mince and potato, Spag Bol, Chicken Risotto, Fish fingers and a variety of fresh veg.If you want to make stock, Boots sell a range of baby stock cubes you can buy.I know there's a current fad to use the Anabel Karmel recipes, but IMO, as long as they get a low fat/salt/sugar basis to their diet, they will flourish.

That;s because you have more of a clue what you are doing than I do, and have better food habits to pass on! :thumbsup: you are totally right

jubbyme;8177192

That;s because you have more of a clue what you are doing than I do, and … That;s because you have more of a clue what you are doing than I do, and have better food habits to pass on! :thumbsup: you are totally right

Trust me, I'm pretty clueless with this baby stuff - just a bit of regular diet following does the job. Good luck!

Original Poster

cheers everybody thats a great help and i shall def be getting the book
    and I know what you are all saying about feeding her the same food as we have but normally have our evening meal about 2hours after her bedtime so makes it a little difficult ...thought about keeping her up but then she doesn't sleep as well also we get no peace and quite in the evenings! lol

04spike;8178278

cheers everybody thats a great help and i shall def be getting the book … cheers everybody thats a great help and i shall def be getting the book and I know what you are all saying about feeding her the same food as we have but normally have our evening meal about 2hours after her bedtime so makes it a little difficult ...thought about keeping her up but then she doesn't sleep as well also we get no peace and quite in the evenings! lol

Prepare the meals in advance! That's what we do!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17426156
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …134317
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?32149
      4. Your dream gaming set up?815

See more discussions