Groups

Anyone know any good sites to learn / practice poker?

I have been invited to play poker a few times in competitions and leagues, I can play basic poker but im not confident enough to sit and play with a table full of strangers, I could do with brushing up my game and picking up some tips, are there any sites where i could play for little or no money, preferably where you can chat to people so if I needed a bit of advice?

14 Comments

[url]www.pokerroom.com[/url] allows you to play with play money

Or pokerstars.com too - you get 3 reloads of 1000 chips every hour. Good fun ;-)

imho playing poker in front of people is totally different to internet, get some mates together and play with them, work your way up a few minor leagues or something

Titchimp;4408529

imho playing poker in front of people is totally different to internet, … imho playing poker in front of people is totally different to internet, get some mates together and play with them, work your way up a few minor leagues or something

agreed, internet poker is pointless if you wanna learn

Cluffy321;4408562

agreed, internet poker is pointless if you wanna learn

Not so much pointless, its good for getting a feel for cards and percentages etc... that side of the game. But pointless if you want to learn how to bluff in the flesh etc

Titchimp;4408604

Not so much pointless, its good for getting a feel for cards and … Not so much pointless, its good for getting a feel for cards and percentages etc... that side of the game. But pointless if you want to learn how to bluff in the flesh etc

too quick to really learn anything

Original Poster

Cluffy321;4408617

too quick to really learn anything

I do play with friends every now and again but we make the rules up as we go along, im familiar with the hands, odds ect but we played a basic version of the game so would like to get the feel of things before playing for real.

You could try [url]www.vcpoker.com/[/url] there are beginners tables and you can play for fun.

that facebook poker game app 'everyone' has , pokerstars.com, pkr, partypoker loads of sites....full tilt...

a free fun one is [url]www.triplejack.com[/url]

rockerfella20;4408968

I do play with friends every now and again but we make the rules up as we … I do play with friends every now and again but we make the rules up as we go along, im familiar with the hands, odds ect but we played a basic version of the game so would like to get the feel of things before playing for real.

A basic version? :? Its pretty easy to follow anyway, no?

Titchimp;4411575

A basic version? :? Its pretty easy to follow anyway, no?

lol i started playing when i was 10, we used to play everybody put in small blind instead of actuall blinds, meant we played everyhand pretty much, my mate thought you could have a J-2 straight lol

If you want some friendly live games, with a chance of winning some great prize;s there are plenty of pub poker leagues around.
    I run 2 venue's in the Birmingam area
    try Poker In The Pub or Live Poker Pub League for games in your area, they both have decent enough webpages. If you need anymore info give me a shout
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3966
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions