Expired

Anyone know any online discount codes for Argos or Homebase?

Found 5th Jan 2009
Trying to order a mattress for £120, any kind of discount would be greatly appreciated

Rep will be given for help

Thanks!

2 Comments

Sorry, I don't know about any such discounts.

However, you may wish to know that I went into our local Sleepmasters last week and expressed interest in a single mattress priced at £150 plus £35 delivery. As usual, the salesman said he would throw in the delivery free if I bought it (they almost always say that!).

I asked what was the very best he could do on the mattress. He said £140.

I said, "Make it £130 with free delivery and I'll take it." He immediately replied, "OK, £130 it is!!"

Two morals to my story:

(1) Why bother with Argos etc, where you cannot examine the mattress? Go into a local stockist and choose your mattress. Be polite, friendly but bold - stick out for a decent discount. It's a buyer's market at present. :thumbsup:

(2) I wish I had asked for more than the £20 discount I got - he nearly snatched my hand off when I said I would buy it for £130.

Good luck!

Original Poster

Thanks for your advice :thumbsup:

It's for my sister-in Law who has been waiting for me to tell her a good deal off HUKD :giggle:

The deal was posted on here for the mattress a couple of days ago so I just thought I would try and save her a few quid, being the lovely lady I am :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…47104
    2. What do you see?2836
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604807
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322860

See more discussions