Groups

Anyone know anything about bike racks?

We got a high mounted rear one yesterday, put it on today but it covers the lights and so needs a lighting board. Seems too much hard work finding out how to wire that in - so am thinking about getting some roof bars and then getting a roof mounted bike carrier? However how many can you put on? We have 3 bikes, one mans, one womans and one childs bike. Thanks - looking for the best way to transport all 3 bikes! Any advice be great

10 Comments

I know nothing about them.

jon1000jon;7703781

I know nothing about them.

they hold bikes.

The rack I bought takes 3 bikes but there are adjustable dials-like large screws-either side that lift the rack up and out.This then means that they are clear of the lights-not sure that makes sense but it took a lot of working out when first used.
    I didn't want to use roof bars as I wouldn't be able to lift the bikes up and off!

Original Poster

kt21;7703867

The rack I bought takes 3 bikes but there are adjustable dials-like large … The rack I bought takes 3 bikes but there are adjustable dials-like large screws-either side that lift the rack up and out.This then means that they are clear of the lights-not sure that makes sense but it took a lot of working out when first used.I didn't want to use roof bars as I wouldn't be able to lift the bikes up and off!

My lights up too high, (have a focus) - its so annoying!

Glad it kinda made sense-If you take the front wheels off that may make a difference.then use a ratchet tie on the back wheels.

One man, one ladies and one child's bike would normally be OK for the racks I have seen, but they state maximum loadings (as should your Focus manual).

Original Poster

pghstochaj;7703975

One man, one ladies and one childrens bike would normally be OK for the … One man, one ladies and one childrens bike would normally be OK for the racks I have seen, but they state maximum loadings (as should your Focus manual).

Thanks will look in the manual - so you think 3 bikes would fit on the roof?

bargainhunter2009;7703991

Thanks will look in the manual - so you think 3 bikes would fit on the … Thanks will look in the manual - so you think 3 bikes would fit on the roof?

Out of memory the limit is 75 kg for most Thule products, but it has been a few years since I last looked into it and that means I might have changed that number or they might have gone up or down. I would hope your bikes do not weigh that much.

I would say probably yes but check when you buy the bars what their load limit is.

Original Poster

pghstochaj;7704066

Out of memory the limit is 75 kg for most Thule products, but it has been … Out of memory the limit is 75 kg for most Thule products, but it has been a few years since I last looked into it and that means I might have changed that number or they might have gone up or down. I would hope your bikes do not weigh that much.I would say probably yes but check when you buy the bars what their load limit is.

Thanks will have to try to find out how much our bikes weigh! This is my bike - but it does not say how much it weighs halfords.com/web…499

Bike rack holds up to threeat Aldi tomorrow (sunday 31 Jan) for 24.99
    aldi.co.uk/uk/…htm
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Laptop 1060 gtx ?22
      2. Do you use a case on your iPhone?1010
      3. What's the name of that brand that looks like Playstation symbols?23
      4. Input Lag v Refresh rate on a TV..44

See more discussions