Anyone know anything about brakes on bikes?

7 replies
Found 18th Apr 2008
my video below help me!!!

thanks

youtube.com/wat…NxE

1. Misc
  2. Bike
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Bike
7 Comments

you just need to undo the bolt holding the cable on the front forks and pull in the slack. Then do the bolt up again

Cable brakes take a while to configure correctly. Like the other poster says, under the bolts pinching the cable (the silver one near your thumb on the front towards the start of the video).

If the cables are fraying at the ends, get some "cable tidys" (very cheap) place one on the end of a cable and pinch it with some pliers.

Hope that helps

Original Poster

ok even if i still do that when i press the brake it is really hard to press now

hello

loosen that nut and then pull the cable the re tighten the nut. If still have a problem the break cable could be fryed allthough looks fine in video. It cost about £5 for a new brake cable, fitted!

kiwinator;1922698

ok even if i still do that when i press the brake it is really hard to … ok even if i still do that when i press the brake it is really hard to press now

You can also adjust the brakes by undoing the screw that goes into your brake levers.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769489
    2. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet2557
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522871
    4. Follow-up to the closure of Kids Company in 2015.1017

See more discussions