Groups

Anyone know anything about burglar alarms?

My alarm sets normally but when it is activated the alarm sounds inside the house but not outside anymore(assuming there are 2 sirens)

The indoor one is really loud so it would still put off a intruder anyway,but wondering if its possible to just replace the siren or do I need a whole new system

Serious thread please,no trolls(new or old)

4 Comments

Hi Boothy, I work for an intruder alarm company and it sounds as though the bell sounder may have packed up?
    remove the bellbox lid on the outside and check all the connections, the sounder could be loose or it is knackered.
    HTH
    Does the bellbox have an LED at all?
    Does it flash when the alarm is activated?

Original Poster

skusey;7210561

Hi Boothy, I work for an intruder alarm company and it sounds as though … Hi Boothy, I work for an intruder alarm company and it sounds as though the bell sounder may have packed up?remove the bellbox lid on the outside and check all the connections, the sounder could be loose or it is knackered.HTHDoes the bellbox have an LED at all?Does it flash when the alarm is activated?

It has lights on the outside which still work as normal when set/activated....will have a look tomorrow

Thanks

boothy;7210651

It has lights on the outside which still work as normal when … It has lights on the outside which still work as normal when set/activated....will have a look tomorrowThanks

ok, let me know what type of sounder it is as i may be able to post one off if similar

Original Poster

skusey;7210697

ok, let me know what type of sounder it is as i may be able to post one … ok, let me know what type of sounder it is as i may be able to post one off if similar

nice one..cheers pal
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value1216
      2. One for the mathmeticians1219
      3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671415
      4. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941350

See more discussions