Anyone know anything about cars?

Guys last week i posted that my car had failed it's MOT well today the guy that done the suspension arms last year replaced them free of charge under the 12mth warranty, so earlier we were happy bunnies. We have just been out in the car and done a full lock on the steering wheel and heard heard a snap like sound as if something was on an elastic band and being sprung (only way i can describe it) anyways on monday it is going back to the garage that failed it to be retested for it's MOT. I am paranoid they have just gone again, surely they cannot can they.

8 Comments

if they had i would want any expenses incurred to have it retested paid for by your mechanic!

sounds like the elasticated sprung compression nut has gone ,
if ya were turning to the right it will be about £60

Original Poster

owlass;4175270

sounds like the elasticated sprung compression nut has gone ,if ya were … sounds like the elasticated sprung compression nut has gone ,if ya were turning to the right it will be about £60

will i fail the retest on monday

Banned

keli;4175348

Yes. I am pretty sure a car I had a few years ago had exactly the same problem and failed. But as someone up there just said, it's not THAT much to fix it.

keli;4175348

no should be ok , as long as ya haven't used the wipers since :thinking:

owlass;4175422

Harsh :lol:

owlass;4175422

Ignore him, he is obviously talking out of his backside and knows nothing about cars.

(It will only fail if you have tuned the radio to Radio 4 since:whistling:)

keli;4175348

Nope, but not sure about your car.;-)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sad news about Barcelona1853
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764048
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2023
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846099

See more discussions