Groups
    EXPIRED

Anyone know anything about Copyright ?

If I made a piece of artwork of something that had Mickey Mouse in it or a Man Utd Badge or similar, would I be allowed to sell it ? I was talking to a guy in an art gallery yesterday and he said that it would be ok as long as I put (C) Disney or sommit like that.

Thanks

6 Comments

Banned

of course you cant!

csiman

of course you cant!

+1

Going on the theory of the guy in the art gallery, it would be okay to copy a blu-ray of toy story 3 as long as you stick a (c) pixar Disney.
    Copyright does what it says on the tin, you have the right to copy, you need to get written permission from the copyright owner, before using. If the artwork is just a straight copy of the character or logo I don't think there will be a problem, ie Warhol and campbells soup tin, but if you are making a statement against mcdonalds (example) you would have to alter the logo, as in banksy
    Edited by: "solarforce" 12th Sep 2010

Original Poster

That's what I thought !!!
    Thanks

lol...if you are going to create artwork based on other peoples copyright then you need their approval first.

No you can't
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764489
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …57105
      3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1634
      4. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)1821

See more discussions