Groups

    Anyone know anything about micrrowaves?

    Got a microwave its not that old - About 3 years
    last night it just stopped heating things up no bamg or pop or smoke.... nothing.
    Anyone any idea whats wrong ond is it worth fixing or should I just look for another one?
    TIA

    23 Comments

    Unless it's something as simple as the plug (which I'm guessing you've already checked)
    & with the price of micro's just gash it...

    Original Poster

    yup its not the plug (im not quite that cluless) it goes through all the motions of heating up just no heat... :-(

    jennybubbles

    yup its not the plug (im not quite that cluless) it goes through all the … yup its not the plug (im not quite that cluless) it goes through all the motions of heating up just no heat... :-(


    Can't think of user repairable parts in micro's & to get someone to look at it is gonna cost as much as a new one so unless you know any electrical whizzes (don't listen to Fox after that red wire, blue wire fiasco!!?!) then I reckon it's had it's day...

    Original Poster

    :cry: I liked that microwave *sigh*

    it will be the 'gun' thats the typical thing that goes. not worth the repair, they are cheaper to buy a new one

    Original Poster

    thank you M623d
    things ain't looking good for my microwave.........

    jennybubbles

    Got a microwave its not that old - About 30 years:cry: I liked that … Got a microwave its not that old - About 30 years:cry: I liked that microwave *sigh*


    http://www.smecc.org/micro1.jpg

    Yeah as said, It'll cost at least £50 for someone just to have a look, So new microwave would be best........

    Think prices are around £30-£40 for a nice one. :thumbsup:

    Must be that time of the year! Mine just would'nt turn on the other day, so i resorted to having to buy a new one...bang goes my new shoes for this week arrrrrgh!

    cant belive it my microwave has just sent on fire!
    was going to heat some food up but forgot to put it in as the phone rang,
    set it for 3 minutes came back to kitchen after 2mins and the turntable thingey had set on fire even burnt though the plate that comes with the microwave. Anyone know of any good deals on a combi microwave?

    Original Poster

    hi monkey we got one from comet £69.99 it was supposed to be £120.
    comet.co.uk/com…132
    Matches my range cooker nicely

    jennybubbles

    hi monkey we got one from comet £69.99 it was supposed to be £120. h … hi monkey we got one from comet £69.99 it was supposed to be £120. http://www.comet.co.uk/cometbrowse/product.do?sku=376132Matches my range cooker nicely



    Hey jen thanks ;-)
    looks a good microwave but i am after a combi the 3 in 1, microwave, grill and oven. Thanks anyway :thumbsup:

    funnily enough....our microwave just went on the blink...and its was just over 3 years...i had the extended warranty..which also has just expired before the microwave went tits up....microwaves nowaday have a life of around 3 years..do not try and open it up to do a diy inside...they have high voltages around 2000v across the capacitors which will also have a lot of current which will pass through you if it is not properly discharged before working on it.:w00t: ..very dangerous..not worth it for a few quid...:w00t:

    Before you buy it, go into a store with a friend and put your mobile inside it and then ring it, if it does not ring then it is a good machine. If it does ring it means that the oven is leaking and you will be exposed to microwaves when you have it on. :thumbsup:

    Crazy1

    Before you buy it, go into a store with a friend and put your mobile … Before you buy it, go into a store with a friend and put your mobile inside it and then ring it, if it does not ring then it is a good machine. If it does ring it means that the oven is leaking and you will be exposed to microwaves when you have it on. :thumbsup:


    where did you get this idea lol...:)

    billy bronco

    where did you get this idea lol...:)



    Don't knock it until you have tried it, then vent :w00t: do it now and see what happens :whistling:

    billy bronco

    where did you get this idea lol...:)



    Its a recommended check!!

    Iom-RF

    Its a recommended check!!


    As is shinking both yourself & your microwave to a microscopic size & seeing if it leaks as you are injected into & travel throught the bloodstream of a dying scientist.....

    Original Poster

    Crazy1

    Don't knock it until you have tried it, then vent :w00t: do it now and … Don't knock it until you have tried it, then vent :w00t: do it now and see what happens :whistling:


    Does it damage my phone in any way?
    I'm quite fond of my fone :?

    not unless you switch the microwave on with the phone in it!

    I think all it checks is that microwave energy (either from the phone or the oven) does not escape the oven casing - if the phone inside the oven rings, it means that the phone signal carried via microwaves have managed to penetrate the casing and get inside (to make the phone ring) therefore, theres probably nothing to stop them escaping from the oven and getting to you!



    ...really hope that makes sense!

    jennybubbles

    Does it damage my phone in any way?I'm quite fond of my fone :?



    DID I SAY TO SWITCH THE M/W ON :w00t:

    Women :whistling: :giggle:

    :giggle: :giggle: :-D

    Original Poster

    S'cool I tried it and din't switch the microwave on . Alls good :giggle:

    Didn't ring by the way
    Post a comment
    Avatar
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047152
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2485
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)62483
      4. Spotify Family Premium share722

      See more discussions