Anyone know anything about Personal Tax??

2 replies
Found 3rd Jul 2008
Does anyone know whether payments to Social Services for personal care (help washing, dressing, housework etc) are tax deductible? I've spent ages trying to contact HM Revenue, but nobody is answering the phone. Ironic really when the ba***rds are all over you like a rash when you don't contact them on time!!

  1. Misc
  1. Misc

Sorry Melanie, don't know a lot about tax or personal allowances however the two sites I use other than phoning your tax office direct are:…htm…ls/

If all else fails I suppose you could contact CAB:…htm

I still think your local tax office is the best place to go. I've always found them helpful, I'm surprised you can't get through. If you want to check you have the right number use the tool on the following web page:…e=1

Good luck and hope you solve your problem.

As an accountant I can tell you that generally no. Unless of course your trade is as a carer or care home in which case Yes. PM me with details and I will help as much as I can.
Post a comment
    Top Discussions
    1. Switch from BT to BT same property different person625
    2. PayPal Friends and Family Payment reversal options710
    3. Flowers for anniversary44
    4. What are the prices of supermarket counter pizzas?33

    See more discussions