Groups

Anyone know anything about power adapters for the Real Power Workshop toy?

Bought the Real Power Workshop for my son that takes 4 x D batteries (will be expensive!) Box says adapter can be used then it shows 6VDC then 15W. Do I need a 6V adapter and what does the 15W stand for?
    Hoping you can help - not really my field!

7 Comments

15W = 15 watts ie how powerful the adapter needs to be.

I bought one for santa but didn't check the box for batteries (, so thatnks for your comment, i'll look for a suitable multi adapter instead.

Original Poster

Called the makers and they only advised that this one worked from Argos
    Argos
    My calculations are that its not powerful enough as only 1200ma!!

Thanks harlzter for confirming what I need - just need to keep looking as I think the best bet is to go for a multi volt and ended one to be sure (and at least it could be used on other things!)

Original Poster

Yay - found the right one
    2500ma multi adapter
    Might just have a quick scan on the internet for a cheaper price - or somewhere that I can pick up tomorrow!

Original Poster

Edited by: "nicoleisapayne" 23rd Dec 2010

nicoleisapayne

Yay - found the right one 2500ma multi adapterMight just have a quick … Yay - found the right one 2500ma multi adapterMight just have a quick scan on the internet for a cheaper price - or somewhere that I can pick up tomorrow!

That only outputs 2000ma at 6V the 2500ma is on the lower voltages

Its worth looking at your old routers power supplies as they can be suitable dependant on spec.

I have a couple of boxes of old power supplies I can often find something I need by mixing the transformers and end adapters to suit.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?25113
      2. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891516
      3. Sad news about Barcelona24106
      4. Going in style uv code give away22

See more discussions