Groups

Anyone know anything about power cables for in car dvd players?

Ive got a disney in car dual screen dvd player and the power cable got trapped in the car door and is broken. I need a replacement charger but the dvd player has no makers name on it only disney. I googled and can only find a disney cable in america and they dont ship to uk so i was wondering if anyone knows whether another brand of cable would work? There is loads of different makes on ebay but not the one i want!! My girls are mad without their in car entertainment and want to try and get a replacement cable asap

7 Comments

Are you not able to cut the cable on either side of the damaged area and rejoin?

What voltage is it? 12v?

Rick

Original Poster

RickT;8240954

Are you not able to cut the cable on either side of the damaged area and … Are you not able to cut the cable on either side of the damaged area and rejoin?What voltage is it? 12v?Rick

Its a 12 volt yes. I never thought of that, have already thrown it away:oops:

Original Poster

Oops sounds like im stuffed then!

Does it give the spec of the power supply in the back of the manual?

Original Poster

Jumpingphil;8241163

Does it give the spec of the power supply in the back of the manual?

I dont have the manual anymore. This is the dvd player

buy.com/pro…tml

pinkkitty2007;8241211

I dont have the manual anymore. This is the dvd … I dont have the manual anymore. This is the dvd playerhttp://www.buy.com/prod/disney-dual-screen-portable-dvd-hm-hsm-inserts/q/loc/20269/206899452.html

All you need is the original charger - will tell you voltage, ampere, polarisation etc. to get a new one in any electronics store.
    If you really can't find it anymore, you can do the following:

Get one of these:
    maplin.co.uk/Mod…423
    (or similar, I don't work for Maplin, just the first one I could find)
    then find the plug that fits in and start with the lowest voltage and work your way upwards until it works properly. My guess would be 9V but nevertheless start lower in order not to blow it.

Now there is one more tricky bit: you need to get the polarisation right. Usually next to where you can plug the cable in, there is a design showing if the 'plus' is inside or outside'. If you are lucky, at the same place you find even the voltage written.

Good luck!

Original Poster

Thanks everyone. I have managed to find one on ebay.com from a seller who has agreed to deliver to the uk for $4 so hopefully it will work when it gets here x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1525
      2. Important info for Ryanair customers1825
      3. love affairs1548
      4. word association Game73944491

See more discussions