Found 29th Oct 2009
Hi all,

looking for some help getting around Guildford.....not been for years

Can anyone tell me the nearest train station to the jarvis center, stoughton road guilidford, is it london road or guildford? (pretty sure lr) and does anyone know roughly how much a cab will be to and from the said station? or are the buses easy and near?

thank you all

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
14 Comments

Original Poster

anyone???

Hi Lou do you need to know tonight ??

Original Poster

hottoshop;6728045

Hi Lou do you need to know tonight ??

Hey, no not tonight, by middle of next week, just wanted to bump so i didnt miss anyone that might know xx

Daughter is down on Saturday so I can confirm 100 %.

The two stations are fairly equal but you're more likely to have no problem with a cab from Guildford Central.

I'd say it was about a mile and a half from Guildford central so whatever that is in a taxi, I'm out of touch. I'm sure there must be buses out there but you may have to get to the bus station.

Like I say I can 100 % confirm over the weekend.

Original Poster

hottoshop;6728129

Daughter is down on Saturday so I can confirm 100 %.The two stations are … Daughter is down on Saturday so I can confirm 100 %.The two stations are fairly equal but you're more likely to have no problem with a cab from Guildford Central.I'd say it was about a mile and a half from Guildford central so whatever that is in a taxi, I'm out of touch. I'm sure there must be buses out there but you may have to get to the bus station.Like I say I can 100 % confirm over the weekend.

thank you hun, that will be fab, your a star xx

used to go to Guilidford Alot when i was younger, shopping etc, but im clueless with this :roll:

google doesnt tell me much so wanted a personal opinion xx

Lived there for many years and both my daughters live nearby. Had my first real job in Guildford. Got to say there is no way I could live up there nowadays, after being in Devon for so long it's a real rat race up there, lol.

Google Earth gives a clearer pic by the way, I'll upload in a few mins.

Original Poster

hottoshop;6728193

Lived there for many years and both my daughters live nearby. Had my … Lived there for many years and both my daughters live nearby. Had my first real job in Guildford. Got to say there is no way I could live up there nowadays, after being in Devon for so long it's a real rat race up there, lol.Google Earth gives a clearer pic by the way, I'll upload in a few mins.

i dont live far, a few stops on the train :oops: just got a terrible memory and no sense of direction :oops:

yes i can imagine theres a huge difference from Devon, tho i lived in East London for a while and along with alot of people think Surrey is quiet and serene :w00t:

Here's a fairly decent image Lou, like I say I reckon it's about a mile and a half (ish).

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f160/ordinaryphotos/jarviscentre.jpg

Original Poster

awww thanks hotto, i think i could walk it, i work around that distance from home and walk there and back each day :thinking:

No worries Lou
Just a thought, if you are going to walk then getting off at London Road would be the better option.

Walk down York Road to Stoke Road then follow Stoke Road past the Lido and to the roundabout. Take the pedestrian flyover and then follow the Woking Road underneath the A3.

Once the other side of the A3 keep on the woking road and just past a mini roundabout you will see the River Wey. Just over the other side of the River Wey on the left is a road called Riverside.
Take that road and at the end it links up with Stoughton Rd. Look over to the left and you should see the Jarvis Centre.

Quite a nice walk really especially round by the river.

Hope that helps and if there's anything to add or any difference I'll let you know over the weekend.

Original Poster

hottoshop;6729045

No worries Lou :)Just a thought, if you are going to walk then getting … No worries Lou :)Just a thought, if you are going to walk then getting off at London Road would be the better option.Walk down York Road to Stoke Road then follow Stoke Road past the Lido and to the roundabout. Take the pedestrian flyover and then follow the Woking Road underneath the A3.Once the other side of the A3 keep on the woking road and just past a mini roundabout you will see the River Wey. Just over the other side of the River Wey on the left is a road called Riverside.Take that road and at the end it links up with Stoughton Rd. Look over to the left and you should see the Jarvis Centre.Quite a nice walk really especially round by the river.Hope that helps and if there's anything to add or any difference I'll let you know over the weekend.

sounds like a plan, weather permiting! thanks xx

Lou your PM box is full.

Spoke to daughter today and she says the above is about right.

If you need any further info just shout.

Original Poster

hottoshop;6751256

Lou your PM box is full.Spoke to daughter today and she says the above is … Lou your PM box is full.Spoke to daughter today and she says the above is about right.If you need any further info just shout.

awww sorry i just noticed my email regarding pm box...thank you sooo much, weather permitting im going to walk it, will update how i got on :oops:

its a source of water
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA1223
    2. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604819
    3. word association Game74244920
    4. Anyone else bored of video gaming58

See more discussions