Groups

Anyone know how I

make a watch use English day spellings instead of French?

I got this from a charity shop but there are no instructions. Any help would be appreciated.

12 Comments

Is it digital or analogue?

is it french?

what make ? if I read your post correctly a second time

first read through got me to post this link :lol
    web.ticino.com/dco…ch/

Original Poster

It's analogue / Lorus - Lumbrite

^ surely you have a watch made for the french market only

Assuming that you're talking about a 'day' dial, my watch (Seiko) has the day both in French and English - if I adjust the 'day' dial until the English version is showing then it displays days in English (it skips through the French version when the day changes).

Original Poster

dontasciime

^ surely you have a watch made for the french market only

It has both English and French, so on Monday it reads MON or LUN. I'm trying to make it stay on English

Predikuesi

It has both English and French, so on Monday it reads MON or LUN. I'm … It has both English and French, so on Monday it reads MON or LUN. I'm trying to make it stay on English

Your wording made it seem like you did not know it had English

Original Poster

cis_groupie

Assuming that you're talking about a 'day' dial, my watch (Seiko) has the … Assuming that you're talking about a 'day' dial, my watch (Seiko) has the day both in French and English - if I adjust the 'day' dial until the English version is showing then it displays days in English (it skips through the French version when the day changes).

Mine starts off in English but changes to French at midday.

Original Poster

Thanks for the help everyone - sorted now
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Did you know?2951
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66

See more discussions