Groups

Anyone know how I can check the speed of my local network

As title says. Thanks.

9 Comments

run round the block and see if it can keep up, lol

Original Poster

wickedteen;6363002

run round the block and see if it can keep up, lol

lol no not that network but it may do me some good.

I can say pretty confidently its probably 100Mbps wired

Whats your network set-up anywho?

Original Poster

Alfonse;6363069

I can say pretty confidently its probably 100Mbps wiredWhats your network … I can say pretty confidently its probably 100Mbps wiredWhats your network set-up anywho?

I have a linksys wireless n router and on the network there a various b/g devices but on my dell m1330 i have wireless n card and want to check what mbps im getting between the dell and router.

MightyWah;6363144

http://www.speedtest.net/mini.phpWill test both upload & download … http://www.speedtest.net/mini.phpWill test both upload & download speeds:thumbsup:

WAN speed not LAN

dependant on range, local obstructions, and WiFi channel interference, 802.11n is 108Mbps (strong signal) half duplex so 1 device will achieve at best the equivalent of 54Mbps full duplex and then a division of that for each client device connected

although the newest routers are now using the the full potential of 802.11n up to 300Mbps (half duplex)

honestly though wireless networking is like 10years behind wired networking in terms of routing, collision domains etc

Original Poster

thanks for the replies and yeah i agree what your saying alfonse i checked my link speed through task manager and it shows 130mbps which sounds about right.

Just checked my intel4965 wireless card will only work at speeds of 270mbps with a dual band router which they dont have in this country yet.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4041733
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread418114165
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764617
      4. What is there free to do in your town?2036

See more discussions