Groups

Anyone know how long it takes to get a court bond for a child who is left money in a will?

I am wanting to know if anyone can advise. I have been made executor to a will with 3 children under 16 and the will said that the money be put into trust until they are 21. My solicitor is supposed to be carrying this out but has said that it doesnt matter as the amount is not a lot, and is opening a bank account instead (that I knew nothing about). So I want to know how long it would take to apply to the courts for them to take over the money? and approx how much it costs. It is complicated but I feel the solicitor is not doing his job properly and wonder if anyone else has been through the same scenario. Any advice??

5 Comments

surely if this is part of a will the last wishes should be adhered to out of respect of not anything else?

How much were they left?

Perhaps he's going to put it in an ISA so it'll earn more of a return?

Banned

you should be a financial advisor me thinks

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6898098

surely if this is part of a will the last wishes should be adhered to out … surely if this is part of a will the last wishes should be adhered to out of respect of not anything else?How much were they left?Perhaps he's going to put it in an ISA so it'll earn more of a return?

the solicitor first suggested a court bond for each of them and i agreed, waited and now have found out that he is opening a building society account instead!

bobtom;6898222

the solicitor first suggested a court bond for each of them and i agreed, … the solicitor first suggested a court bond for each of them and i agreed, waited and now have found out that he is opening a building society account instead!

contact solicitor and ask to speak to him/her about it in detail xx

YOU are the executor,its that simple-you dont actually need a solicitor-he is getting paid,he takes instruction from YOU,not the other way around! pay his bill and get rid of him and manage the estate yourself.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1020
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764430
      3. Any PS4 News Here29213630
      4. Are these two things distinctly different to you?25101

See more discussions