Groups

Anyone know how to .....

get rid of old email addresses out of Outlook. These show up as I type in an addess. I can't find anywhere in the program to remove these. The ones shown in the pic are my redundant addresses, but there are others for other people.

10 Comments

Original Poster

http://i40.tinypic.com/213lxmx.jpg

There is a file called .nk2 Do a search (including hidden files) for *.nk2 and delete it when you find it. Outlook must be closed to do this.

Goto Tools/E-Mail Accounts select View or Change existing e-mail accounts and then simply highlight them and click remove.

from outlook screen, click on tools tab at top, then accounts. Next choose mail tab, then highlight the email addresses you no longer use and click remove, repeat for each one you want to remove

Original Poster

059;5488934

Goto Tools/E-Mail Accounts select View or Change existing e-mail accounts … Goto Tools/E-Mail Accounts select View or Change existing e-mail accounts and then simply highlight them and click remove.

pestiewesties;5488940

from outlook screen, click on tools tab at top, then accounts. Next … from outlook screen, click on tools tab at top, then accounts. Next choose mail tab, then highlight the email addresses you no longer use and click remove, repeat for each one you want to remove

Thanks, but I am after deleting the autoaddresses in the dropdown list rather than my current email addresses.

Original Poster

Heavertron;5488926
    There is a file called .nk2 Do a search (including hidden files) for *.nk2 and delete it when you find it. Outlook must be closed to do this.

Thanks. Will try this. Repped.

You're welcome

Put your mouse over the drop down entry, and then hold Ctrl and Delete. Do that for each entry you want to loose.

059;5488971

Put your mouse over the drop down entry, and then hold Ctrl and Delete. … Put your mouse over the drop down entry, and then hold Ctrl and Delete. Do that for each entry you want to loose.

This works on any drop down menu in any application, usually.

Original Poster

059;5488971

Put your mouse over the drop down entry, and then hold Ctrl and Delete. … Put your mouse over the drop down entry, and then hold Ctrl and Delete. Do that for each entry you want to loose.

Brilliant! That worked a treat - many thanks & rep.:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4261955
      2. TEKKEN goes mobile (iOS/Andorid)511
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764660
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523472

See more discussions