Posted 1 September 2021

Anyone know how to cancel Sainsbury car insurance?

Bought a new car and insured it with Sainsbury.
Already had a car on another policy with them, but wasn't sure what I was going to do with it.

I want to cancel the policy for the old car, but it's impossible. Every phone number takes you to the wrong department, or after going through options (none mention cancelling), it cuts you off every time.

Online, all you can do is edit the details of your car etc. No way of cancelling, saying you don't own the car any more etc. All it does is force you to generate a new quote for another car.
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Author
    dipsylalapo01/09/2021 09:48

Google suggests this is the number - 0345 608 6034Is that the one you …Google suggests this is the number - 0345 608 6034Is that the one you called?

Tried about a dozen numbers, all options, and zero.

No online chat. They're making contact as hard as possible.

Added: Eventually got a reply after nearly 34 mins on hold, and got things sorted, although cost me a few £.
    Google suggests this is the number - 0345 608 6034

Is that the one you called?
    If you're sure you're ringing the right number given on your policy then go through to one of the other departments, and if you speak to a 'real' person explain the situation and ask them to transfer you.

Is there an online chat option. I've had house insurance with them previously and never had a problem getting through - but nowadays with people working from home nothing is easy anymore, sadly!
    Call them and ask to speak to a manager and explain the issue and they will cancel it for you.

Edit glad you got it sorted, if you cancel mid policy you will have a charge. (edited)
's avatar