Groups

Anyone know how to change the text alert on Iphone and add your own?

Anyone know how to change the text alert on Iphone and add your own?

7 Comments

You can't, only unless it's jailbroken.

It can only be done if its JailBroke. There are many a clip on youtube that can help you

Original Poster

Pr3cious18;8396376

You can't, only unless it's jailbroken.

RiPPeR;8396390

It can only be done if its JailBroke. There are many a clip on youtube … It can only be done if its JailBroke. There are many a clip on youtube that can help you

Damn its not jailbroked! so no way to do it then poo!

i know...i would like to change mine but not jailbreaking it until out of warranty

how do you do it with a jailbroken phone????

czar.nik;8409156

how do you do it with a jailbroken phone????

I haven't done this myself but here is a link ]CLICK

Or text

[COLOR="Red"]Originally Posted by LVCIFER
    Ok, no problem.

-First, you find the audio file that you want to be as your new TXT notifier, try to find it as any of the following file formats:

wav, mp3, aiff, m4a

-Then, load it into iTunes. Click on Edit > Preferences > Import Settings > Advanced, and set the conversion encoder to AIFF.

-Go back into your library inside iTunes, locate the file you just added, right click on the sound file you imported, and select "Convert to AIFF".

-Let it convert.

-Once it's done, right-click the file, and go to info. Follow the path to that file, and then simply rename it to *.caf.

-Open up iPhone Browser.
    -Click on Goto Location > UISounds on the top bar.
    -Locate the files named "sms-received1.caf", "sms-received2.caf", "sms-received3.caf", "sms-received4.caf", "sms-received5.caf", "sms-received6.caf". Decide which one you don't like, and delete it.
    -Lets use the first one, "sms-received1.caf" as an example. Delete that ******** from the original directory.
    -RENAME your NEW ringtone to "sms-received1.caf", and drag it into that iPhone Browser directory.
    -Go to your iPhone, select "Tri-tone" as your message, and that will be your new SMS/TXT/MMS Ringtone.

Voila, thats all it is. it sounds like a lot of steps, but once you do it once or twice, its really second nature.[/COLOR]
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1423
      2. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1929
      3. love affairs1547
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767273

See more discussions