Groups

Anyone know how to fix a corrupt word file?

Put it on my flash drive then reformated laptop put it back on laptop and its now corrupt showing jumbled squares and what not. Tried the repair and fix option but no joy.

Anyone know how to solve this? File is very important as its a CV.

11 Comments

dropped you a pm,... send it over

Are you sure you're not trying to open it in an older version of Word like 2003 instead of 2007?

Original Poster

Nope i only ever use office xp

30 or so other files work ok direct off my usb flash drive just this 1 wont work.

Have you tried ]repairmyword ?

mittu1;5203664

Are you sure you're not trying to open it in an older version of Word … Are you sure you're not trying to open it in an older version of Word like 2003 instead of 2007?

think he was... received the file in question as a .DOCX, just opened converted back down and saved in appropriate format -- think it should work - fingers crossed - :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks disco

sorted

J4GG4;5203939

Thanks discosorted

ya welcome!

You just restarted didn't you? :-P

Whats the secret Disco? I wouldn't mind knowing myself

Spriggan;5207908

Whats the secret Disco? I wouldn't mind knowing myself

i dunno tbh, I was able to open it on my PC? Intital document was done in Office 2007. think OP was using 2003

With .DOCX files, these are newer then DOC so will only work on Office 07 unless you have a converter installed iirc
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767194
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424214484
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047089
      4. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value812

See more discussions