Anyone know how to format a WD HD that's formated for Mac on a PC ?

6 replies
Found 6th Jul 2009
Just got a WD 250 gig passport studio drive for my daughter, which is 'supposed' to be compatible with Vista but formatted for Mac.

I thought it would just be a matter of plugging it in and and reformatting it under visat, but doesn't show up in my computer, but does show up in device manager...

So, anyone know how I can get it formatted ???

6 Comments

I've used ]this before when having a problem formatting USB Sticks... might be worth a shot

Go to control panel > system & maintenance > administration tools > computer management. The disk should appear here, just right click and select format.

Original Poster

DVS_Dee;5676481

Go to control panel system & maintenance administration tools computer … Go to control panel > system & maintenance > administration tools > computer management. The disk should appear here, just right click and select format.

Ok, just tried that. It errors on the last operation with 'The operation cannot be completed because the disk is not initialized' ??

Any idea how to get round that ?

To initialize new disks
Open Computer Management (Local).

In the console tree, click Computer Management (Local), click Storage, and then click Disk Management.

Right-click the disk you want to initialize, and then click Initialize Disk.

In the Initialize Disk dialog box, select the disk(s) to initialize.

Original Poster

Babbabooey;5676554

To initialize new disksOpen Computer Management (Local).In the console … To initialize new disksOpen Computer Management (Local).In the console tree, click Computer Management (Local), click Storage, and then click Disk Management.Right-click the disk you want to initialize, and then click Initialize Disk.In the Initialize Disk dialog box, select the disk(s) to initialize.

You are a star. Thanks. Rep'd...

think im gonna need this in a few days lol!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…1226
    2. Free 3 months Nowtv kids pass anyone?12
    3. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927403
    4. Coming up to bonfire night ...2333

See more discussions