Expired

Anyone know how to get a free/discounted flight change on Easyjet?!

Found 10th Apr 2013
Booked return flights to my mates wedding in Belfast from Glasgow.

Plans changed slightly and we could really need to get on the later flight!

The flight price has gone up by £5 per person, which is fine.

BUT they want £35 per person admin fee just to make the change!!

Anyone know how to get around this?

Cheers
Community Updates
6 Comments
Unfortunately there is no way around changing any flights unless you pay the admin fee plus the price difference.
Would you not be better off changing your plans completely and try and get new flights for less than the admin fee?
Do easyjet not offer to do a refund of the taxes if you don't fly or is their admin fee now inflated to make it not worth it? Probably easier to just book a new flight and a good idea to punch the bafoon who decided to change the plans
I bought tickets to spain for my 'stepdaughter' who decided not to go on holiday with us. I looked into cancelling the ticket but again the admin charge was applicable. In the end i decided to keep the ticket and have an empty seat next to us.
Easyjet don't want to know if you're not going to use the ticket as they've got your money, thankyou very much, as long as you do not checkin online they'll just assume you're not travelling.
No they will not refund the taxes. This is an aviation tax just collected by easy jet, perhaps you could ask hmrc for a tax rebate? X)
I'd ask the buffoon to pay the admin charges or leave him at home, or tell him to get the later flight and meet him in the bar.
I've just looked at your original post again, rather than pay the easyjet admin fee, could you not suggest to the groom that he hold his wedding in glasgow? That would work out even cheaper for you!
deleted434948
Toptrumpet

Unfortunately there is no way around changing any flights unless you pay … Unfortunately there is no way around changing any flights unless you pay the admin fee plus the price difference. Would you not be better off changing your plans completely and try and get new flights for less than the admin fee?

That would in fact be the case, but a new flight would cost £35.99, so hardly a difference. There is four of us going, so a big chunk in all.

Astec123

Do easyjet not offer to do a refund of the taxes if you don't fly or is … Do easyjet not offer to do a refund of the taxes if you don't fly or is their admin fee now inflated to make it not worth it? Probably easier to just book a new flight and a good idea to punch the bafoon who decided to change the plans

In all honesty, it's Sky Sports who should get the punch, given they have waited until now to move the Liverpool Vs Everton Merseyside derby from Saturday till Sunday. (yes, its that important )

Toptrumpet

I've just looked at your original post again, rather than pay the easyjet … I've just looked at your original post again, rather than pay the easyjet admin fee, could you not suggest to the groom that he hold his wedding in glasgow? That would work out even cheaper for you!

This was a topic of conversation actually, but his missus being from Belfast (and him being under the thumb) this was never going to happen!

Thanks for replying everyone.

Cancelling the tickets would cost £30 cancellation fee (just so they can sell the seat again!), then buying new ones would cost £35.99. So not a viable option.

Transferring onto a later flight would cost £5 increase plus £35 admin charge, so not viable either.

Guess we're out of luck.
deleted434948
Gonna close this one off.

Phoned easyjet customer service (Indian Call Centre) and absolutely no scope for changing without paying at least £35 per person plus the difference in the flight charge.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants