Anyone know how to get NAT from moderate to open on sky router?

Found 9th Jul 2016
Hi, my son's Xbox One suddenly seems to be behind a moderate NAT type, we're on Sky fibre and I have tried following this guide but it hasn't worked. forums.xbox.com/xbo…spx. Anyone any ideas why this should have suddenly happened and more importantly, how can I get his NAT type to open?

Really appreciate any help with this, he can't chat or join any multiplayer games at the moment.
Community Updates
AskRouterSky
8 Comments
In the past I've got around this by giving the Xbox a static IP address, then entering that address into the router in 'default DMZ server'.
know it sounds silly but have you tried restarting router deleting it from known networks on the xbox one and freshly setting up. I had this problem back on th eps3 and it was due to an update if I remember correctly, might explain why it's happened all of a sudden.
craigstephens

In the past I've got around this by giving the Xbox a static IP address, … In the past I've got around this by giving the Xbox a static IP address, then entering that address into the router in 'default DMZ server'.

Tried giving the Xbox a static address, but not helped, although I haven't moved it to the DMZ - maybe I'm not doing something right?
Johnny Bravo

Tried giving the Xbox a static address, but not helped, although I … Tried giving the Xbox a static address, but not helped, although I haven't moved it to the DMZ - maybe I'm not doing something right?

Just giving it a Static IP won't help. Add it to the DMZ.
Uridium

Just giving it a Static IP won't help. Add it to the DMZ.

Thanks, but I tried that a short while ago, no luck unfortunately, still got NAT type moderate. Really frustrating as I've no idea what's caused this and there doesn't seem to be any straightforward guidance out there on how to fix it

Johnny Bravo

Thanks, but I tried that a short while ago, no luck unfortunately, still … Thanks, but I tried that a short while ago, no luck unfortunately, still got NAT type moderate. Really frustrating as I've no idea what's caused this and there doesn't seem to be any straightforward guidance out there on how to fix it

Adding it to the DMZ should do the trick but failing that you could try setting up all the required port forwarding to the reserved IP of your Xbox manually..
you need to forward these ports...
Port 88 (UDP)
Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
Port 80 (TCP)
Port 500 (UDP)
Port 3544 (UDP)
Port 4500 (UDP)
strange though as having it in the DMZ should negate the need for manual port forwards...
Uridium

Adding it to the DMZ should do the trick but failing that you could try … Adding it to the DMZ should do the trick but failing that you could try setting up all the required port forwarding to the reserved IP of your Xbox manually..you need to forward these ports...Port 88 (UDP)Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)Port 53 (UDP and TCP)Port 80 (TCP)Port 500 (UDP)Port 3544 (UDP)Port 4500 (UDP)strange though as having it in the DMZ should negate the need for manual port forwards...

Thanks for trying to help. When I put the Xbox in the DMZ there was a message (on the Xbox) saying it couldn't find an IP address so I took it out again. I've opened all those ports (as in added them as services then added firewall rules for the Xbox address) but it doesn't seem to have helped.
Hi all, sorted now. For info although I'd set all the port forwarding etc, he hadn't fully reset his Xbox, just put it to sleep and back on again. When he fully powered off and back on again hey presto! open NAT and no problems chat, FIFA online etc
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants