Groups

Anyone Know How To Stop Yellow Pages Getting Delivered?

Banned
    I'm getting a bit fed up with a 2000 page A4 junk book getting dropped off at my door every year. It goes straight in the recycle bin which I then have to pay in my council tax for it to get recycled.

Anyone know how to stop this?

I'm not particularly green but surely in this day and age, a private company should not be allowed to print & distribute 30,000,000 of these.

Same with free papers. Anybody know if a sign saying "No newspapers or junk mail of any kind" has any effect?

The worst thing is they only half push the paper through so by the time I notice, then my porch area has reached the same temperature as the outside!

16 Comments

Don't know how to cancel it but my council won't even recycle them!

I do not know about the yellow pages but, in my experience, a polite sign saying something like "No free newspapers ( or leaflets etc? )" works well. If you do not want "fliers" mention that but do not use the phrase "junk mail"........

EDIT: 0800 671 444 is the free phone number to ORDER a yellow pages, maybe they can help you to stop receiving one?

Original Poster Banned

simon012;1584638

I do not know about the yellow pages but, in my experience, a polite sign … I do not know about the yellow pages but, in my experience, a polite sign saying something like "No free newspapers ( or leaflets etc? )" works well. If you do not want "fliers" mention that but do not use the phrase "junk mail"........

Cheers for the tip.

Banned

What about when you sell the house and a new owner moves in to find no yellow pages? I'd move straight back out and demand a refund!

lumoruk;1584748

What about when you sell the house and a new owner moves in to find no … What about when you sell the house and a new owner moves in to find no yellow pages? I'd move straight back out and demand a refund!

You always use yell.com to save the hassle of finding a house with a yellow pages.

"I am asking £200,000 for the house are you interested in making an offer?"

"Hmmm, I am tempted but i notice that you have no Yellow Pages, Goodbye Good Sir!"

Is there a contact number on yell.com???

kjbenja;1585468

Is there a contact number on yell.com???

It is the same stated by simon012 above. 0800 671 444.

Could always write to them :

Yell Limited,
    Queens Walk,
    Reading,
    Berkshire,
    RG1 7PT,
    United Kingdom

Banned

si_wattsy;1585450

You always use yell.com to save the hassle of finding a house with a … You always use yell.com to save the hassle of finding a house with a yellow pages

There wasn't an internet connection in the house I just bought ;-)

and I noticed yell.com on my mobile at least doesn't have half of what is on the yell.com full internet for some reason.

You could sign up to deliver them in your area then not leave yourself one. Problem solved and you earn £150 odd into the bargain.

Stopping getting their directory is easy when you know how.

Just ask them. The difficult thing is knowing how/who to ask.
    This is how I did it.
    Go to Yell.com, click on contact us, then select the Yellow Pages tab, then site map and then Yell Direct, then contact us, then :? - oh dear I've got lost again. Still, you can go to yellgroup.com/eng…ies and fill in the form or email [email protected] and just ask the question. I got a nice response from Adam.Billiald at yellgroup.com asking for my address, and asking if I prefered to use Yell.com ;-).

I feel the same about receiving yellow pages and the like as I would always turn to the internet for phone number etc. I don't think there is any way of stopping it as they just pay delivery people who deliver to every house. I don't suppose they have a list of addresses to deliver to (or not ).

Same i dont use Yellow Pages or the normal BT book that gets left. Mine go straight into recycle bin!

Completely agree, in the age of 118 118 and all that jazz does anybody even use the yellow pages anymore? Well I know some obviously do, but 30million (if that figure is accurate) is ridiculous.

Banned

I do....every few months mind.

loveabargain;1678790

I feel the same about receiving yellow pages and the like as I would … I feel the same about receiving yellow pages and the like as I would always turn to the internet for phone number etc. I don't think there is any way of stopping it as they just pay delivery people who deliver to every house. I don't suppose they have a list of addresses to deliver to (or not ).

Actually you do have a list.

I delivered them last year and it was awful. But you get an address sheet and have to say you delivered them or why you couldn't ie evil, dog, falling trees, plague...... that sort of thing

Go to [url]www.yellowpagesgoesgreen.org[/url] to see what can be done to stop the delivery of White and Yellow Page telephone books.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767408
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047170
      3. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2136
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7241369

See more discussions