Anyone know how to use twitter properly?

6 replies
Found 14th Mar 2011
Trying to get to grips with twitter as it could be a little promo tool for my football photography.

basically im struggling to understand these hashtags.

i have just tweeted & used some hashtags such as #nluk #nln24 #nonleague etc, but when I go to search on these tags my tweets dont appear. Why? are they selected for censorship reasons?

Advise appreciated.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
6 Comments

Banned

twitter.com/!/search/%23nluk

Are you on that list? It may filter your tweets out. Try logging out and searching for the hashtag see if you can see your tweets.

There's no filtering or censorship, as soon as you send a tweet with a hashtag it's there for all to see unless you have a locked / private account.

Original Poster

DJ1

http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23nlukAre you on that list? It may filter … http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23nlukAre you on that list? It may filter your tweets out. Try logging out and searching for the hashtag see if you can see your tweets. There's no filtering or censorship, as soon as you send a tweet with a hashtag it's there for all to see unless you have a locked / private account.

no cant see it. doing my head in. checked my settings & it doesnt seem to be a private account. any other ideas?

Banned

No idea then. I just search #nln24 and there's loads, the most recent being 34 minutes ago

Original Poster

DJ1

No idea then. I just search #nln24 and there's loads, the most recent … No idea then. I just search #nln24 and there's loads, the most recent being 34 minutes ago

just done another. i tried it from both my pc & phone, but still nothing! will try setting up another account to see if it makes a difference. cheers

Banned

If you click on your profile you can see how many tweets you have made and then click on that to see them.
Are they appearing there?

Is your profile private? If so, then your tweets won't appear in searches.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522885
    2. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604830
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314660
    4. clocks go Back weekend 28 October why not check and clean ur smoke alarm at…65262

See more discussions