Anyone know how you get director emails for big companies?!

Found 15th Nov 2015
Hi everyone,

I've been looking to make a high level complaint to Virgin Trains for customer service that my missus and I received by Virgin Trains.

The man i'm hoping to get hold of is Steve Tennant (Executive Director, Customer Experience).

I've had a good look online but couldn't manage to find it. I know there are better computer folks out there who will probably know how though, if anyone could help out it would be much appreciated!
Community Updates
Ask
23 Comments
Virgin Trains East Coast

Mr David Horne Managing Director

Email david.horne@virgintrainseastcoast.com
Website http://www.eastcoast.co.uk
Social Media T

Postal Address Friars Bridge Court, 41-45 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NZM
Company Number 04659708C
deleted434948
ceres

CEO Email website.

Checked that (assuming we're talking about the same thing) but he didn't appear.
deleted434948
lonedealhunter

Virgin Trains East CoastMr David Horne Managing … Virgin Trains East CoastMr David Horne Managing DirectorEmail david.horne@virgintrainseastcoast.comWebsite http://www.eastcoast.co.ukSocial Media TPostal Address Friars Bridge Court, 41-45 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NZMCompany Number 04659708C

I didn't use the east coast service, do you reckon I should still email him?
JusticeForThe96

I didn't use the east coast service, do you reckon I should still email … I didn't use the east coast service, do you reckon I should still email him?

He will probably forward your e-mail if he is not the man!
The format of their email addresses looks pretty straightforward. I'd try steve.tennant@virgintrains.co.uk and see if it bounces back.
Edited by: "ceres" 15th Nov 2015
It's worth a try I suppose but personally I wouldn't bother as even if he does get your mail it's highly unlikely he'll read it let alone respond.

Not to mention if your not on his contact list which obviously you won't be - your email will go straight through to spam.

These companies unfortunately have policies & procedures for complaints and emailing the boss isn't one of them - don't get me wrong if you'd rather try then don't let me put you off.

You'd be better off complaining to an ombudsman etc if you feel as strongly about your complaint as you obviously do.

Bosses listen to the ombudsmen but not individual complaints

This after you've gone through the complaints procedure with the company in question first mind

Edited by: "PennyTrader" 15th Nov 2015
deleted434948
pennyfarthing88

It's worth a try I suppose but personally I wouldn't bother as even if he … It's worth a try I suppose but personally I wouldn't bother as even if he does get your mail it's highly unlikely he'll read it let alone respond.Not to mention if your not on his contact list which obviously you won't be - your email will go straight through to spam. These companies unfortunately have policies & procedures for complaints and emailing the boss isn't one of them - don't get me wrong if you'd rather try then don't let me put you off. You'd be better off complaining to an ombudsman etc if you feel as strongly about your complaint as you obviously do.Bosses listen to the ombudsmen but not individual complaints This after you've gone through the complaints procedure with the company in question first mind

I hate to argue, but working for a company with a complaints procedure I know for a fact that people get handled quicker if they somehow manage to get on of our directors first!

In the usual scenario, I would expect his PA to receive it, not even mention it to him, but pass it directly to the head of the complaints team so I don't need to deal with (a) a customer service rep then (b) a team leader followed by (c) a manager.

Just skip a few by managing to circumnavigate the "plebs". (not offensive, I was one of them once!)
deleted434948
ceres

The format of their email addresses looks pretty straightforward. I'd … The format of their email addresses looks pretty straightforward. I'd try steve.tennant@virgintrains.co.uk and see if it bounces back.

That's not the worst idea mate!
JusticeForThe96

I hate to argue, but working for a company with a complaints procedure I … I hate to argue, but working for a company with a complaints procedure I know for a fact that people get handled quicker if they somehow manage to get on of our directors first!In the usual scenario, I would expect his PA to receive it, not even mention it to him, but pass it directly to the head of the complaints team so I don't need to deal with (a) a customer service rep then (b) a team leader followed by (c) a manager.Just skip a few by managing to circumnavigate the "plebs". (not offensive, I was one of them once!)

fine - good luck with that
JusticeForThe96

I hate to argue, but working for a company with a complaints procedure I … I hate to argue, but working for a company with a complaints procedure I know for a fact that people get handled quicker if they somehow manage to get on of our directors first!In the usual scenario, I would expect his PA to receive it, not even mention it to him, but pass it directly to the head of the complaints team so I don't need to deal with (a) a customer service rep then (b) a team leader followed by (c) a manager.Just skip a few by managing to circumnavigate the "plebs". (not offensive, I was one of them once!)

^^^^^ This is my experience as a customer.
Oooh. Would love to know why you believe you need to go so high in the company.
deleted434948
bigweapon07

Oooh. Would love to know why you believe you need to go so high in the … Oooh. Would love to know why you believe you need to go so high in the company.

Simple. For simplicity of reaching a higher level of staff member, and a more likely swifter resolution.

That enough?
JusticeForThe96

Simple. For simplicity of reaching a higher level of staff member, and a … Simple. For simplicity of reaching a higher level of staff member, and a more likely swifter resolution.That enough?

Whats the whinge about... i mean complaint?
bigweapon07

Oooh. Would love to know why you believe you need to go so high in the … Oooh. Would love to know why you believe you need to go so high in the company.

I only do it if I'm getting the runaround by CS or it's taken far too long. The same CS people end up doing the legwork but having someone in the executive office breathing down their necks seems to expedite the process. You also end up generally with one person (EA) taking ownership of the issue and you don't have to keep explaining yourself everytime you contact them.
deleted434948
bigweapon07

Whats the whinge about... i mean complaint?

You've lost me now oO
ceres

I only do it if I'm getting the runaround by CS or it's taken far too … I only do it if I'm getting the runaround by CS or it's taken far too long. The same CS people end up doing the legwork but having someone in the executive office breathing down their necks seems to expedite the process. You also end up generally with one person (EA) taking ownership of the issue and you don't have to keep explaining yourself everytime you contact them.

Agree with you if youve already been through the proper channels and give them a chance to respond.
deleted434948
ceres

I only do it if I'm getting the runaround by CS or it's taken far too … I only do it if I'm getting the runaround by CS or it's taken far too long. The same CS people end up doing the legwork but having someone in the executive office breathing down their necks seems to expedite the process. You also end up generally with one person (EA) taking ownership of the issue and you don't have to keep explaining yourself everytime you contact them.

Exactly!
JusticeForThe96

You've lost me now oO

Whats your gripe, im nosey.
deleted434948
bigweapon07

Whats your gripe, im nosey.

Hahahaha right, thought you meant "why go high in the company" rather than just deal with entry level CS!

In summary, very sick wife, tickets messed up, customer service refused to help, in-station staff walked away form their counter rather than assisting...

All after Branson quote "look after staff and they'll look after the customers". Yeah, sound mate
JusticeForThe96

Hahahaha right, thought you meant "why go high in the company" rather … Hahahaha right, thought you meant "why go high in the company" rather than just deal with entry level CS!In summary, very sick wife, tickets messed up, customer service refused to help, in-station staff walked away form their counter rather than assisting...All after Branson quote "look after staff and they'll look after the customers". Yeah, sound mate

They must have been dreaming of Necker Island and wondered away.
JusticeForThe96

Hahahaha right, thought you meant "why go high in the company" rather … Hahahaha right, thought you meant "why go high in the company" rather than just deal with entry level CS!In summary, very sick wife, tickets messed up, customer service refused to help, in-station staff walked away form their counter rather than assisting...All after Branson quote "look after staff and they'll look after the customers". Yeah, sound mate

If you want to contact the man himself here is his e-mail :-

richard.branson@fly.virgin.com

I am sure he will get it dealt with by someone !
deleted434948
lonedealhunter

If you want to contact the man himself here is his e-mail … If you want to contact the man himself here is his e-mail :-richard.branson@fly.virgin.comI am sure he will get it dealt with by someone !

Right, he's next! Haha
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants