Expired

anyone know if I buy a used xbox one if the fifa 14 code has been redeemed will I still be able to play it on my username?

Found 19th Jan 2014
As per title really a lot of people offering xbox ones with fifa but it is installed on the HDD

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
29 Comments
yes if its been installed on that console
Edited by: "alanlukeb1" 19th Jan 2014
I'm not an expert but I would have thought that if it's on the machine then anyone can play it?
Not sure, the game will belong to the profile that redeemed it, and I assume that profile will have been removed when you buy it. I should think you can only share games if the owning profile is present on the hard drive.

So I'm going to say no.
Original Poster
I did assume that at first but then I got told it would be tied to the account that the code has been redeemed on hence the confusion
Hey, how did you jump above me? The game's bent X)
Original Poster
steve019

Not sure, the game will belong to the profile that redeemed it, and I … Not sure, the game will belong to the profile that redeemed it, and I assume that profile will have been removed when you buy it. I should think you can only share games if the owning profile is present on the hard drive. So I'm going to say no.

Yes this is what I got told but I've also been told its tied to the machine lol
I think it will depend. If it's the same as on the Xbox 360 then I think you'll be able to play it as long as the person you buy it from doesn't delete it from the hard drive before they sell it to you.
Also if they ever change the game licence to another console in the future, which could happen easily, it would no longer work on your console, unless you sign in with the gamer tag that the game was redeemed to.

If that makes any sense?
carterland

Yes this is what I got told but I've also been told its tied to the … Yes this is what I got told but I've also been told its tied to the machine lol

downloadables have 2 licences
1 tied to account
1 tied to console
carterland

Yes this is what I got told but I've also been told its tied to the … Yes this is what I got told but I've also been told its tied to the machine lol

Hmm I'm not surprised there's confusion then, Microsofts communication about these things has been pathetic at best.

You could try tweeting xbox support?
Plenty of conflicting opinions OP. Good luck
Basically the game is licensed yo the gamer tag and to the console but you can change which console your games are licensed to every 3-4 months. So if the seller buys another Xbox and transfers the license to the new console the game will no longer work.
Original Poster
Haha this has made me even more confused lol suppose its gunna be a case of take the chance and hope for the best lol cheers for the help guys!
My son can play all my xbox one games on his gamertag on my xbox
ohdaesu

My son can play all my xbox one games on his gamertag on my xbox

that's because your gamertag is on that console...

I believe if you keep the gamertag that fifa14 was downloaded on, on the xbox one console, then you'd be able to play it off your gamertag.

obviously the seller may not be happy allowing you to have their tag remain on the console your buying.

Although the tag remains on the console, he can download it on to another console - have a search for licence sharing

my gamertag is on about 4 consoles, not because I licence share though, just because I cba removing them, I think if you were to try use that persons tag you'd have to put in their password if they have set it up that way.

simples oO
Providing the redemption / download was entered / then purchased downloaded to the same console you are buying / have bought so that the machine got the first download ie the local license[hardware] then any gamertag on that console can play the content. Online/Offline.

However If you delete it and do not have access to the account the gamertag associated with that purchase eg the gamertag used to download it (you'll not be able to re download and play it without purchasing )
Edited by: "dontasciime" 20th Jan 2014
My son uses a USB stick with his tag on
Original Poster
Thanks for the replies I took the chance and luckily it works! It must have a console license like a few have suggested aswell as being tied to the gamer tag as the seller removed all his details and stuff. Hope this helps somebody else
^ don't remove it try to move / copy to flash ext usb if when allowed also don't run license transfer tool.
Edited by: "dontasciime" 20th Jan 2014
So when you buy the console I suppose the seller will delete his account. If he resets the xbox to factory settings the game will be deleted. If he doesn't you will be able to play the game from your profile but if you ever delete the game you can't install it untill you log into the sellers profile, which i suppose you won't
Original Poster
^
pretty much
I recently bought a 2nd hand console which was reset but when I go to xbox store on my gamer tag it says I can download cod and fifa 14 foc.These games were downloaded by the previous owner to his gamer tag. Will they work if I download them or is it a waste of time?
nbac1

I recently bought a 2nd hand console which was reset but when I go to … I recently bought a 2nd hand console which was reset but when I go to xbox store on my gamer tag it says I can download cod and fifa 14 foc.These games were downloaded by the previous owner to his gamer tag. Will they work if I download them or is it a waste of time?

Try downloading Fifa 8 gig one.

So it's clear there is no sign of the previous gamertag on that machine that downloaded the games originally ( and how is my home xbox setup on that console) eg what does it say or rather who does it say it belongs to.

Downloading 8GB fifa atm . Your home setup?? My gamer tag is the only one on the console now after it was reset by previous owner
nbac1

Downloading 8GB fifa atm . Your home setup?? My gamer tag is the only one … Downloading 8GB fifa atm . Your home setup?? My gamer tag is the only one on the console now after it was reset by previous owner

My Home Xbox

Don't change the setting. Just see what it says
It just asks me if I want to make this my home xbox
nbac1

It just asks me if I want to make this my home xbox

Don't say yes e.g do not alter it.
Edited by: "dontasciime" 21st Jul 2014
Ok I didn't wht does that mean then? fifa I downloaded works fine with my gamer tag lol gona download cod next. How does that work if it was reset and his profile deleted?
Thanks for the info
If he sets a different xbox as his "home console" then you will lose it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants