Groups

anyone know if its possible to take vocals out of a track?

My son is in a talent show at school and the school have asked the kids to bring the tracks in without the vocals. Is it possible to remove vocals from a track?
    Thanks in advance.

18 Comments

There are vocal filters, but from previous experience the are not too effective.
    Which track is it?

Banned

try and see if there is an instrumentals version on youtube or something

Banned

I looked in to this before as I wanted an instrumental version of a track. I was sure it could be done because in CSI and other movies they do crazy filtering stuff with audio, alas it cannot be done well.

try looking for a karaoke version of the track.

Original Poster

bykergrove;7795937

try and see if there is an instrumentals version on youtube or something

Wiil try that, but its not on itunes. Its the pretender by the foo fighters.

this is the nearest i could find :thumbsup:
    youtube.com/wat…bqc

Goofeys Girl;7796374

Wiil try that, but its not on itunes. Its the pretender by the foo … Wiil try that, but its not on itunes. Its the pretender by the foo fighters.

great tune, gets my vote :thumbsup:

It's track 1 on Sunfly disc 259 so look for that and it will have the mp3 with no vocals.

You can do it yourself or request it to be done but it won't be a 'STUDIO' instrumental. But i'm sure you won't need that anyway.

Banned

You can do it with a bit of software called audacity

PM me your email addy and i'll send you the mp3 mentioned above by ChipSticks

wolf359;7796897

PM me your email addy and i'll send you the mp3 mentioned above by … PM me your email addy and i'll send you the mp3 mentioned above by ChipSticks

Nice one, I was just looking through my Sunfly stuff to see if I could find it, but having no luck.

no probs
    but listening to the track you can still slightly hear the vocal, is this normal for a karaoke track?

wolf359;7797103

no probs but listening to the track you can still slightly hear the … no probs but listening to the track you can still slightly hear the vocal, is this normal for a karaoke track?

No it's not normal, but you do sometimes get the backing vocals in the chorus, as you do with this track, is that what you mean?

Original Poster

Thank you guys for all your help i really really appreciate it. I will have one happy boy. Whilst most of the kids will be doing miley cyrus etc the parents will love it. He did an AC DC track last year. The dads in the audience loved it. (Dont know where he got that idea from a bit heavy for me buy hey he loves his music)
    I will let you know how it went.
    Repped you all.
    Cheers.

unfortunately its almost impossible to get the full vocals out of a track, as with cancellation software dumbs down the frequency range where the vocals appear to be, causing the song to song a bit electronically differed. Big companies who would use the song would typically get a master track of it and literally delete the vocal track.

On my netbook theres the "Realtek HD Audio Manager" which works pretty well I guess. For the song it should work pretty well.

ChipSticks;7798289

No it's not normal, but you do sometimes get the backing vocals in the … No it's not normal, but you do sometimes get the backing vocals in the chorus, as you do with this track, is that what you mean?

yep thats what its like but you can barely hear them.

Lost Symphonies;7798439

unfortunately its almost impossible to get the full vocals out of a … unfortunately its almost impossible to get the full vocals out of a track, as with cancellation software dumbs down the frequency range where the vocals appear to be, causing the song to song a bit electronically differed. Big companies who would use the song would typically get a master track of it and literally delete the vocal track.On my netbook theres the "Realtek HD Audio Manager" which works pretty well I guess. For the song it should work pretty well.

That would be the 'STUDIO' instrumentals. You can have a look for those version also.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671414
      2. One for the mathmeticians33
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424614496
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7261375

See more discussions