Groups

Anyone know if John Lewis price match against Tesco?

I have ordered a tv from John Lewis and seen its £20 cheaper on Tesco's website. I've just rang them and they said they can't price match Tesco Direct; they only price match Tesco.

I advised the TV is on Tesco.com.

The advisor then said if it was sold from a third party on Tesco then they would price match it, but not Tesco Direct. Clearly I was confused as can't understand why they price match third party companies selling on Tesco's website but not Tesco?

They said they will call me back in 2 hours to explain why they can't price match Tesco.

Anyone know if John Lewis price match Tesco?

16 Comments

Banned

Yes they do, John Lewis haven't got a clear policy to price match. Different people have different rules. I would just call up again and ask. If they refuse speak to a manager

http://s12.postimg.org/popfafe6l/screenshot_2182.png

deeky

Wow deeky you really did test my eyes!

Original Poster

deeky

Thanks. I was advised someone will call me back. Shall I wait for the call or ring back?

Original Poster

shivasareen

Yes they do, John Lewis haven't got a clear policy to price match. … Yes they do, John Lewis haven't got a clear policy to price match. Different people have different rules. I would just call up again and ask. If they refuse speak to a manager

Thanks. Shall I wait for their call or ring them again?

Original Poster

Just rang them now and asked if they price match against Tesco. The girl I spoke to said is it the same warranty? I said no. She then said no they won't price match.

They price matched a Curry's TV for me.

Original Poster

david_wavid

They price matched a Curry's TV for me.

Did they compare the warranty? I'm on the phone to them now and they said they compare the warranty also.

JL is a odd one when it comes to Price Match - different stores/operators give you a different response.

I recently requested a price match for an item from a retailer by the name of Martin Dawes. The item had a 3-4 week shipping delay, but after submitting a request online, they had no issues matching the request. I tried doing it in-store but they downright refused as it's within their policy to only price match when the rival has stock available for immediate shipping. The online team also accepted a price match with voucher codes, whereas the store refused to do so.

No the warranty is a "bonus" it has never been taken into account in my previous JL price matches.

zara_x

Did they compare the warranty? I'm on the phone to them now and they said … Did they compare the warranty? I'm on the phone to them now and they said they compare the warranty also.

Yes.

They don't match Tesco Direct as these sellers (rather like Amazon market place sellers) are not "bricks and mortar sellers. Tesco itself is ,which is why they will price match Tesco but not Tesco Direct .

Original Poster

rogparki

They don't match Tesco Direct as these sellers (rather like Amazon market … They don't match Tesco Direct as these sellers (rather like Amazon market place sellers) are not "bricks and mortar sellers. Tesco itself is ,which is why they will price match Tesco but not Tesco Direct .

This is what confused me. The guy said they price match third party sellers on Tesco Direct like Hughes. But not Tesco themselves?
    The tv in question is supplied by Tesco and I can go into a Tesco store and order this if it wasn't stocked in that particular store.

But I spoke to two different advisors since that phone call and they both said they match Tesco and have done so many times before. I was advised to submit a form as they couldn't do it over the phone.

Original Poster

rogparki

No the warranty is a "bonus" it has never been taken into account in my … No the warranty is a "bonus" it has never been taken into account in my previous JL price matches.

That's the impression I had. But I spoke to two people at John Lewis and they said they have to look at the warranty also and if it's not the same then they won't match.
    So many conflicting information from them.
    I looked at their T&C's online and there's no mention of comparing warranty, but they do compare stock availability, installation charges and delivery charges.

I hope a JL manager is reading this . T&Cs make no mention of warranty when doing a price match . John Lewis don't do TCB or Quidco , so why buy from John Lewis when you can buy cheaper elsewhere ?

I have never had a problem with JL price matches (and warranty was never mentioned ) . Perhaps the Black Friday / Xmas Temps have been let loose on the phones without proper training , ask to speak to a supervisor / manager .

Original Poster

Kammykay

Wow deeky you really did test my eyes!

lol I had to take a screenshot and zoom in.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Teenage son new phone (1250 budget)1424
      2. Is 'Isisue' a fake website/does it sell fake brands44
      3. Tiny white mites in bedroom and living room HELP333553
      4. CAR QUESTION: Difference Between Lexus IS300 and Lexus IS300h?511

See more discussions