Anyone know if Nokia N85's can be unlocked for free ?

11 replies
Found 14th Aug 2009
My lads moving from Orange to O2 and just found that his N85 is locked to Orange.

Anyone know if these can be unlock with a code or is it a phone shop job?

Thanks...

11 Comments

Orange will be able to provide it for you. Should be free if he's out of contract I believe.

all the N series are BB5 i think, so they cant just be unlocked with a self generated code like the majority of nokia phones..
may have to take to a chap in town?..

Narfette;6016429

all the N series are BB5 i think, so they cant just be unlocked with a … all the N series are BB5 i think, so they cant just be unlocked with a self generated code like the majority of nokia phones..may have to take to a chap in town?..

Can be unlocked via a direct unlock

spitroast

Original Poster

kyalion;6016423

Orange will be able to provide it for you. Should be free if he's out of … Orange will be able to provide it for you. Should be free if he's out of contract I believe.

Humm, how do you define out of contract ? He used the changes in T&C's to get his pac code last week... Dose that mean they'll consider him out of contract ??

have a look for a shop who have the DM3 box as this will unlock it for him but its not free or cheap, orange should class him out of contract, the problem being depending on how new the handset is (nothing to do with the amount of time you have had it) then orange may not even have the code yet, there are places online who will gen the code for you but again not free and only about 65% of the time they get the code correct

steve1221;6018171

Humm, how do you define out of contract ? He used the changes in T&C's … Humm, how do you define out of contract ? He used the changes in T&C's to get his pac code last week... Dose that mean they'll consider him out of contract ??

If he's been supplied the PAC code and used then definetly. If they've agreed to send it, then ring up and be cheeky by asking for the unlock code.

Dub1;6018337

have a look for a shop who have the DM3 box as this will unlock it for … have a look for a shop who have the DM3 box as this will unlock it for him but its not free or cheap, orange should class him out of contract, the problem being depending on how new the handset is (nothing to do with the amount of time you have had it) then orange may not even have the code yet, there are places online who will gen the code for you but again not free and only about 65% of the time they get the code correct

Dont have to have DM3 box!! and DM3 boxe's are only on loan

spitroast

DM3 box's are sold now m8, i have had one myself + its the best method i no @ covering 99% of what i needed to unlock, i new a few guys in china town who have a box if your local m8

spit roast;6018563

Dont have to have DM3 box!! and DM3 boxe's are only on loanspitroast

Dub1;6018723

DM3 box's are sold now m8, i have had one myself + its the best method i … DM3 box's are sold now m8, i have had one myself + its the best method i no @ covering 99% of what i needed to unlock, i new a few guys in china town who have a box if your local m8

Sorry m8 but i dealt it

spitroast

r u london based m8, as the contacts in china town are unlocking a lot of handsets via the DM3 via a bloke who visit's once a week, do you have access to a box more regular ? are you a reseller ??

Not for free i'm afraid....

maxmix
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Domain renewal11
    2. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?46
    3. 48 hour working time directive69
    4. Installing google play store on Kindle Fire 2nd gen?615

See more discussions