Anyone know if this site is legit ??

11 Comments
is that scamadviser site legit ? That could be dodgy **** Rabbit Hole ****
GwanGy06/05/2020 08:57

is that scamadviser site legit ? That could be dodgy **** Rabbit Hole …is that scamadviser site legit ? That could be dodgy **** Rabbit Hole ****

scamadviser.com/che…com

It's legit, info above shows what happens when you add 2+2 and get 5!

Banyan Tree is a big hotel group, this website leads directly from their main site. The confusion seems to come from the fact gifting.xxxxxx is being searched as if it's a separate site. But even the main site doesn't have reviews, because who reviews a hotel website?

Go to tripadvisor instead, and you can click to the genuine website (for avoidance of doubt, but it's the same one) tripadvisor.co.uk/Hot…tml
HottyHotty06/05/2020 09:12

It's legit, info above shows what happens when you add 2+2 and get …It's legit, info above shows what happens when you add 2+2 and get 5!Banyan Tree is a big hotel group, this website leads directly from their main site. The confusion seems to come from the fact gifting.xxxxxx is being searched as if it's a separate site. But even the main site doesn't have reviews, because who reviews a hotel website?Go to tripadvisor instead, and you can click to the genuine website (for avoidance of doubt, but it's the same one) https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g293916-d302959-Reviews-Banyan_Tree_Bangkok-Bangkok.html

I'd agree. The gifting subsite directly links from their homepage and is part of their overall domain so I'd say it's safe and is secure.

You could call the hotel to validate but it looks good to me
Yes sure. Gifting bit looks suspicious and especially it is oversea based. Member of family asked if it is legit but I have never heard of them. Thank you.
Not heard of it before I would avoid if it’s too good to be true
lyesbkz06/05/2020 08:59

https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/scamadviser.com

Fn6Dragon06/05/2020 10:58

Yes sure. Gifting bit looks suspicious and especially it is oversea based. …Yes sure. Gifting bit looks suspicious and especially it is oversea based. Member of family asked if it is legit but I have never heard of them. Thank you.

Whilst the primary domain name appears legitimate, the gifting subdomain has issues, the most obvious that should prevent most consumer-savvy buyers from exposing themselves to all manner of hassle: the t&c applicable to the gifting sub-domain do not exist.
This omission may be a simple html non-routing error, however on each gift purchase page the t&c summary refers to the full (but non-existent) subdomain t&c. Until the full t&c applicable to a purchase from the subdomain can be credibly confirmed it would be prudent not to attempt to purchase anything.
Also note the primary domain has a functional security certificate; the gifting subdomain does not.
These sorts of simple issues would normally suggest avoid until those issues were credibly resolved, or as these basic issues indicate a degree of casualness bordering inept that may apply to other elements of the organisation: simply look elsewhere.
AndyRoyd06/05/2020 14:31

Whilst the primary domain name appears legitimate, the gifting subdomain …Whilst the primary domain name appears legitimate, the gifting subdomain has issues, the most obvious that should prevent most consumer-savvy buyers from exposing themselves to all manner of hassle: the t&c applicable to the gifting sub-domain do not exist. This omission may be a simple html non-routing error, however on each gift purchase page the t&c summary refers to the full (but non-existent) subdomain t&c. Until the full t&c applicable to a purchase from the subdomain can be credibly confirmed it would be prudent not to attempt to purchase anything.Also note the primary domain has a functional security certificate; the gifting subdomain does not.These sorts of simple issues would normally suggest avoid until those issues were credibly resolved, or as these basic issues indicate a degree of casualness bordering inept that may apply to other elements of the organisation: simply look elsewhere.

40657478-4b5W8.jpgsomeone told me this. Not buying anything just out of interest.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions