Groups

anyone know much about lighting ?

I'm trying to decide between 2 lanterns for camping. I've narrowed it down to these two but don't understand the diferent tubes or whatever in them?

The first one says The Gelert 13 watt double U tube lantern will take 12 hours to charge and will stay luminous for 3-4 hours.

While the 2nd one says
    Supply Voltage 240v Cable Pack Supplied
    Flurescent I Tubes
    240v/12volt Adaptor
    2M 12v Car Plug Charger
    Operating Time App 8 Hours

Anyone know what the diference is between the Flurescent I Tubes and 13 watt Double U-Tube ? I'm prefering the 2nd one at the mo cuz it'll last 8 hours instead of 3-4 but wondered if that was because the brightness is crap is it just more efficient?

Links to the 2 lanterns below:

campingworld.co.uk/Mod…555
    hikebikeandride.com/p-o…spx

Thanks,
    worto.

4 Comments

Im sure they are the same, the U tube is just a bent over I tube. So a double u tube just has two bent over I tubes, like a energy saving bulb.

Original Poster

ah right - so if they are the same is it safe to assume that the one that lasts twice as long is half as bright?

I guess it could just have a bigger or better battery?

The Outwell latern is 12v while Gelert is only 6V. I assume the Gelert has two u tubes in order to try and be as bright as the Outwell due to its lesser power storage.

Try looking on here ']http//ww…177 as they are fairly cheap. The Gelert is only £18 on there.

Original Poster

thanks for your help - I'm gonna go for the Outwell one which is £23.49 delivered over here, I'll have another look around to see if it's cheaper anywhere else but don't know many camping sites.

hikebikeandride.com/p-o…spx

I couldn'd find it at all on the gooutdoors site?

Once again - thanks I'll bung some rep your way
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691427
      2. One for the mathmaticians3150
      3. Bearded chat917
      4. What would be HELL to you?3459

See more discussions