Anyone know much about sky store website?

Found 17th Sep 2017
I am having a problem with the website and sky doesn't seem to be able to resolve the problem so probably no one else can but I wonder if some techy hukd member would know the answer as I am certain it is technical pc stuff.

I watch rentals on the sky store website on my laptop and I watched a movie a few days ago. Today when I chose a movie to rent, it states that I have exceeded my registered devices and have to wait until 1 October to watch the movie.

I looked at my account and there are only two devices registered and I had already watched a movie on my laptop a few days ago so why has it disappeared? Is it because I had cleared cookies on my laptop?

I have had this ongoing problem and can only watch one rental movie a month as I can only add on a device once a month, but it is the same laptop!

Crazy problem so any crazy suggestions????
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
You answered your own question

Clearing cookies will be the issue.
Is the weekend over yet
Erubadhron1 h, 5 m ago

You answered your own question :)Clearing cookies will be the issue.

I hope you are right. I will have to keep the blooming cookies and see if I still get the problem. Very lame of the website if all it uses to remember registered devices are cookies as people clear cookies all the time. I could get cc cleaner not to clear cookies for skystore and hopefully that will resolve the problem.
Nah doubt it's cookies, my devices never change/disappear when I clear mine
With Sky you can only change your registered devices once a month so you'll have to wait until 1st October.

How long have you been with Sky because if you download they're App and log into the VIP section. If you're eligible they'll offer you a free Sky Go upgrade and then you'll be able to use 4 devices
Edited by: "mboard42" 18th Sep 2017
mboard423 h, 25 m ago

With Sky you can only change your registered devices once a month so …With Sky you can only change your registered devices once a month so you'll have to wait until 1st October.How long have you been with Sky because if you download they're App and log into the VIP section. If you're eligible they'll offer you a free Sky Go upgrade and then you'll be able to use 4 devices

I am able to have 4 devices on my account and it states this. So I have no idea why it won't allow me to add another device as I have not reached the device limit even though it claims I have! Sky helpdesk got very confused when they tried to resolve the problem as they thought sky store and sky go were interconnected but it turns out, they are nothing to do with one another as clearing all the registered devices on my sky go made no difference to the registered devices on my sky store account. Sky can't work out how to clear the registered devices on my sky store account and I was on the phone to them for over an hour.

I will have to call them back as after the hour I had to go out. I don't think this is going to be resolved as no one seem to know why this problem is occurring.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants