anyone know of a cheap course so i can get a Nus card ?

Posted 17th Sep 2018
Hi anyone know of a cheap course so i can get a nus card i know they used to do it but are they still ?
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Scotland13142 h, 48 m ago

If it takes longer than 2 days their ripping u off

I recommend an English course for you.
12 Comments
Scotland13142 h, 48 m ago

I recommend an English course for you.
Unless recently changed, there is no need to be a student to obtain a Totum card; no need even to be human. My cat obtained an NUSx card as mentioned here hotukdeals.com/com…549 . The applicant just needs to quote an acceptable combination of study provider and student number and pay some money to a conmercial company. The study provider can be selected from a dropdown list; the student number can be any acceptable mix of characters numbers - it is not checked with the provider (imagine the data protection implications if it was!). Only the legitimacy of the payment method is checked. The OU is possibly the most commonly abused (non)provider for Totum card applications - most abusers simply google the format of OU student number (PI) and make it all up.
AndyRoyd17/09/2018 10:57

Unless recently changed, there is no need to be a student to obtain a …Unless recently changed, there is no need to be a student to obtain a Totum card; no need even to be human. My cat obtained an NUSx card as mentioned here https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/30001549 . The applicant just needs to quote an acceptable combination of study provider and student number and pay some money to a conmercial company. The study provider can be selected from a dropdown list; the student number can be any acceptable mix of characters numbers - it is not checked with the provider (imagine the data protection implications if it was!). Only the legitimacy of the payment method is checked. The OU is possibly the most commonly abused (non)provider for Totum card applications - most abusers simply google the format of OU student number (PI) and make it all up.

Have you tried it now? No.... you wont get one now. If you write you are studying in a college they say enter your a.c. email or the card will come to college. Before you could enter the adult education centre but not anymore
Misslovely17/09/2018 14:40

Have you tried it now? No.... you wont get one now. If you write you are …Have you tried it now? No.... you wont get one now. If you write you are studying in a college they say enter your a.c. email or the card will come to college. Before you could enter the adult education centre but not anymore

Are you referring to OU or some other physical location?
I did ECDL Lvl 2 and got NUS membership out of it...

BIT OF A BLAG I SUSPECT as the guys at the NUS said (IIRC) it wasn't really full-time enough for membership... But they did it anyway and I was eligible for the dicsounts!
AndyRoyd17/09/2018 14:53

Are you referring to OU or some other physical location?

Last year I got mine saying I'm doing English level 2 at my local education centre (main one).
Now if I try that this year it won't accept it anymore as they have removed the location.
I only have a choice of entering a college so I need to learn of new places
Misslovely5 m ago

Last year I got mine saying I'm doing English level 2 at my local …Last year I got mine saying I'm doing English level 2 at my local education centre (main one). Now if I try that this year it won't accept it anymore as they have removed the location. I only have a choice of entering a college so I need to learn of new places

I'm not sure how, but I've managed to renew via cards.nusextra.co.uk for my course at The Shaw Academy, which is no longer appearing on the Totum portal. Worth giving it a go, if you haven't
It is worth getting one of these cards? I'm actually a student btw. Just finished my MA but going to be continuing my studies. I have never bought one. Does it last for one year or the duration of the course? I have an .ac.uk email. I use Unidays at the moment every now and then.
Has this actually worked for anyone lately
Not sure i know i havent
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions