Anyone know of a fair priced electric bike conversion kit

Found 18th Jul
Anyone know of a fair priced e bike conversion kit/is it worth it?

I currently have a carrera crossfire 2 hybrid and was thinking of converting it rather than shelling out 1k plus for a full ebike.

Cheers.
Community Updates
5 Comments
Do you think 400 for the kit plus 400 for the battery is fair?
If you get a kit you can basically 'ignore' the speed limitations and motor size limitations, but the expense will exceed £1,000. It depends what you want to do with it really. For A-B commuting buy a cheap folding one from Very (£800, and actually quite good - the wife has one) I weigh 16 stone and it zips me around without any problems.
Edited by: "mrty" 18th Jul
termite49 m ago

Do you think 400 for the kit plus 400 for the battery is fair?

Not really lol, might aswell by a full one if that's how much it is. Just thought there may be some chinese kit or something but if they are all around that price then I may aswell forget it.

Cheers
mrty17 m ago

If you get a kit you can basically 'ignore' the speed limitations and …If you get a kit you can basically 'ignore' the speed limitations and motor size limitations, but the expense will exceed £1,000. It depends what you want to do with it really. For A-B commuting buy a cheap folding one from Very (£800, and actually quite good - the wife has one) I weigh 16 stone and it zips me around without any problems.

Ah I see, Yeah far too much really, should have no problem zipping me around then since I'm about 10stone.
Your do see some cheap ones on Fleabay, but having read the reviews I decided about going that route. Some of the claims are quite fantastic, and mechanically impossible, but people but these without checking and end up with a lump of poo!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants